Job timer/clock

Help and ideas for your sewing or quilting business.

Re: Job timer/clock

New postby Pudge99 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Wow! This post really went off on a tangent. I want the timer mainly to see how long it really takes me to make things both for sale and for myself. I am wanting to see if certain ways of doing things are actually faster or if it is a perception.
Gina
Pfaff 2040
Janome Mylock 134D
Singer Futura CE-100 w/ Autopunch
Husqvarna Viking 3D Sketch
Pudge99

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:52 am

Sorry, I thought you wanted to know how to price your sewing skills so I gave you my method. Good luck, Gina!!!
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:34 am

Gina,
we have a kitchen timer that I think is just what you are looking for. It has a magnet on the back so it lives on the side of the fridge. It has a button to set hours and minutes, and a start/stop button as well as an on/off button. The thing can be used and a running total of time kept by using the start/stop button only and never turning it off by the on/off button. It will start from zero if you just tunn it on and press start, then it starts a count. It is about 3 X 5 inches. The Name is ACU RITE.. Check somewhere like world market or bed bath and beyond.. That is where DS buys most of his gadgets.. He is at work so I cannot ask him where he bought this one.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby Pudge99 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks Libby. Magnetic makes it nice as I can put in on the side of a filing cabinet. I'll see if I can find a Bed Bath and Beyond next time I go to the big city.
Gina
Pfaff 2040
Janome Mylock 134D
Singer Futura CE-100 w/ Autopunch
Husqvarna Viking 3D Sketch
Pudge99

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:12 am

Gina, Yesterday I googled that name Acu Rite and got a shock.. There are hundreds of timers-thermometers out there for sale. I could not find a picture of the one that we have, but I think it was created to be a meat cooking thermometer-timer. The fine print on the middle of it gives internal temps for different kinds of meat.. beef, pork, lamb, etc....Target was named for a lot of them, and of course Amazon.. Good luck with a search..Oh yes, and prices from low to ridiculous ! !
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby missfleecy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:45 pm

If you only want to keep a running time that you can start and stop, what you are looking for is called a stopwatch. As Libby pointed out, some kitchen timers have them or you can buy just a stopwatch, too. Wal-Mart sells them for about $5 or you can buy one online, delivered to your door with free shipping, for less than $2.50! We truly live in an amazing time!

When I used to volunteer with fourth and fifth grade track and field at our local elementary school, I would borrow a stopwatch every day from the gym teacher at the school, until one day I saw one in Wal-Mart for $4. Bought that and it saved me a lot of hassle of having to pick up and return the stopwatch every day!

~ Miss Fleecy :whistle:
missfleecy

Previous

Return to Sewing/Quilting Businesses