Another Medical Challenge

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Another Medical Challenge

New postby MartySews2 on Fri May 25, 2012 10:51 am

Guess by now, y'all are tired of hearing about my medical challenges. I thought with the defibillator that I would start having some energy but a new quirk has popped up. My thyroid is functioning so low that I can barely get out of bed. I go back to the doctor again next Thursday to have my medicine adjusted once again. I take Synthroid (50mg) daily but evidently that is not enough. It seems like it's one thing after another. The good news is that my HA1C is 4.8 which means my diabetes is under control. My cholesterol was up so I have to cut the LDL's (bad stuff) & get it back down. Guess eating too much margarine & cheese on my foods or eating out is causing that. While my insurance isn't the best in the world, I am thankful to have it. My FIL wasn't kidding when he told me "Getting old is hell".
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Another Medical Challenge

New postby temom on Fri May 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Marty, I hope your doc can get everything tweaked just right and that you feel fantastic really soon!
Theresa
temom

New postby carman on Fri May 25, 2012 3:38 pm

that's a great A1C though :)

carman
carman

New postby sewingmom on Fri May 25, 2012 11:40 pm

Marty, I agree that the A1c is super. Keep up the great work. I know the food is blah but there is so much more to life than eating tasty food.
sewingmom

New postby DorothyL on Sat May 26, 2012 7:41 am

I hope you get it all worked out.

Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby sewingmom on Sat May 26, 2012 12:31 pm

The poor thyroid function would explain the tiredness. I hope you are on increased synthroid dosage. If so you should feel better soon. DH's doctor told him that poor thyroid function goes along with diabetes. He had to start on synthroid last year. I could see an almost immediate change in his mood and energy level after starting the meds.
May God bless your day with energy and joy.
sewingmom

New postby Mom of Six on Sat May 26, 2012 2:04 pm

DH's Dr. told him Thyroid affects your cholesteral & blood pressure. They are hoping at his next check up (June) that with the Thyroid neds he will be able to drop the blood psessure meds. They already dropped the cholesteral one & he can stay off it if his blood tests come pack OK.
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby MartySews2 on Sat May 26, 2012 5:51 pm

I'm seeing the doctor next Thursday so we'll see what he has to say. I've been on 50mg of Synthroid for almost 10yrs. I think that it has lost its effectiveness. I'm hoping the doctor can figure out the best meds for me.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Return to Health and Wellness