Well ... now

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Re: Well ... now

New postby kjh9835 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:01 pm

YAY :applause:

So glad your dtr had some friends to help out and they had time and took it. Alot of young ppl nowadays just don't care about what they can do for others, its all "me, me, me"

My dh and dtrs at home are the same way as yours: they rarely do much even when I ask but get mad if I put a list on the fridge for them to see. Sometimes they just ignore it even if I ask for a simple response to a question. Makes me so darn mad I could spit nails. Oldest dd used to help out more but realized no one else was helping out so she quit!

Kathy
kjh9835

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:22 pm

Am still waiting to hear from the doctor ... now, I'm concerned that he hasn't called yet. I did pass the home inspection & have rearranged a lot of the furniture in our home. It was nice get rid of 3 things that took up a lot of space. Now, I have to get serious about purging my sewing supplies so I will have room to store what I keep. I don't plan to get rid of any of my books.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingmom on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Whew!! Marty, I'm sure you are glad that ia over.
Now to get intouch with your doctor's office and find out what happened ab0ut that call.
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:13 am

If I don't hear from him by Monday, I'll give his office a call so they can remind him. I have a feeling he tried the other night about the same time my daughter called. My cardiologist rarely sleeps according to his wife (yes, I've met her several times). He's always at the hospital & in his office. I think he sleeps in 2 hr segments. I really like that he treats every patient as if they are the most important person that he has ever met. He never rushes thru appts which is why he always runs 2-3 hrs behind. I don't mind waiting to see him, I just knit or hand embroider something.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:19 pm

My cardiologist called tonight about 9:30pm to let me know that the monitor showed my heart rate goes to unsafe levels as does my blood pressure which contributes to chest pain & exhaustion all of the time. The plan is to do an electrophysiology study & have outpatient surgery to implant a pacemaker in my heart on Thursday if insurance gives the approval. It is life threatening. I feel like I've been hit with a mack truck right now.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingmom on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Marty, I have at least one friend with a pacemaker for the same problem. They feel a whole lot better with the little device helping keep things in sink. I am glad they are getting a handle on what is happening. If your insurance does not ok it what will you do? I do not understand insurance companies being able to dictate the use of life saving procedures.
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:53 pm

If the insurance company doesn't approve it, I will appeal their ruling thru my attorney. He's known me since 1973 & is a close friend so I know that he will do everything that he can to help me. John is totally aware of my medical condition so I don't think approval will be a problem.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingmom on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:26 pm

I'm praying for better days for you and soon.
sewingmom

New postby Mule on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Hopefully they will just approve it so you don't have to wait around for an appeal. Some insurance companies are better than others when it comes to these things...
Beth
Mule

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm still waiting to hear for an approval from BC/BS of TN. Sometimes it takes a while to get an approval. I hope that it doesn't delay the surgery as I'm not feeling well this week.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

Previous

Return to Health and Wellness