Hey Marty and Lennie and other embroiderers

Machine recommendations, tips, and techniques for embroidery machines.

Hey Marty and Lennie and other embroiderers

New postby bridesmom on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Bobbin question. Do you change colors with color changes so your bobbin thread matches?? i find with digitizing my own designs that lots of times I don't have the compensation correct, so the bobbin thread shows. I have been changing the bobbin with each color change but it is a pain to do. What do you do?
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

Re: Hey Marty and Lennie and other embroiderers

New postby MartySews2 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Laura, I use either white or black bobbin thread for almost all of my embroideries & most of my sewing projects. It is rare that I use anything else.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby lendube on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:45 pm

I use white almost exclusively. I have black also but rarely use it. My machine's really good about not showing the bobbin thread. I also use serger thread as bobbin thread. I've never bought bobbin thread and can't use the pre-wound bobbins. They don't fit my machine.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby carman on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:06 pm

i use a color bobbin that matches the back of what i am doing if it shows (blue towels blue bobbin etc) , if not, then a white or beige or gray depending what is handy

carman
carman

New postby bridesmom on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:51 pm

I think that I need to try a different bobbin case, I have two, one for light thread and one for normal thread. It's been so long since I did any embroidering! I know my pull compensation was too tight, but I decided I will just go with the designs the way they came out, they're not too bad, and they are on the back of the quilts.
I should do some playing to get reaquainted with the machine.
Laura
Go Canucks!
bridesmom

New postby Harriet A on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:13 pm

HI,
Which embroidery machine do you have? I have the Brother 2500D sewing/embroidery machine and it has 2 bobbin cases also. One is for regular sewing or embroidering using bobbin thread that you wind and the other bobbin is used when you buy the prewound, plastic-sided bobbins like Nebs. If you have 2 bobbin cases, than when you buy the "L" size prewound bobbins, you should have a silver disk that you put into the bobbin case before you put in one of those bobbins. I think there is also another size of prewound bobbins that are taller and are made to fit the bobbin case without using the silver disk. The silver disk is used so that the prewound bobbin sits up higher in the bobbin case.
Harriet
Harriet A

New postby bridesmom on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Harriet, you are too smart! I had the little silver disk and I was trying to figure out what machine it was for. I have the Innovis 4000D. I marked which case was for bobbin and which was for normal thread, so I remember. I thought that's what the manual told me, but now I'd better go read it again!! I don't use prewound bobbins so I don't have to worry about the little silver disk now. That would totally make sense to me. Now to remember where the manual is :D
Laura
Go Canucks!
bridesmom

Return to Embroidery Machines