im in the mullygrubbs

Support and discussion for health related issues.

Re: im in the mullygrubbs

New postby bridesmom on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:24 pm

It does sound like you need some of this:
I know that the rain and gloom gets to me after a while too, I hope that you can get through it! Hang in there, we're all here with you!
Attachments
sun1.jpg
sun1.jpg (34.54 KB) Viewed 3368 times
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby temom on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:45 am

I really feel for you. I hope things turn around soon. Meanwhile, don't forget that research has found that Omega 3's are highly effective in boosting mood, and sometimes as effective as prescription drugs. So if you are not taking your Omega 3's (commonly referred to as fish oil), you should seriously consider it.
Do the daylight light bulbs help any? I'm not talking about those really expensive ones, but you can buy regular compact flourescent "daylight" bulbs, and those babies pack a punch! DS uses them in his room and lamp that he hauls from his room to where his desk is. It really keeps him from being grumpy, so I wonder if it would help with the mullygrubbs too.

Edit: I forgot to ask, have you had your vitamin D levels checked recently?
Theresa
temom

New postby sewingmom on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:49 am

The light bulbs make sense and actually i have 6 of the long shoplight florescent bulbs in my sewing/computer room. I spend a lot of time in here for that reason but unfortunately the time is wasted mostly on the computer.
Thanks all for the sunshine and encouragment. Think I will dress and go for a short walk.
sewingmom

New postby Mom of Six on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 am

Do the daylight light bulbs help any? I'm not talking about those really expensive ones, but you can buy regular compact flourescent "daylight" bulbs, and those babies pack a punch

DR. OZ talked about using them on his show one day, He said they are great but make sure you do not use them before bed! They will keep you from sleeping at night.
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby Bama on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:50 pm

I feel like I'm in the "mullygrubs" today. :( My first off day with no one home except for me in months and I spent the whole day catching up on housework. :brick: The basement and stairs were in bad need of mopping. The more I looked, the more I saw that needed to be cleaned. I had to hang out the sheets, dog blankets, and towels on the clothesline because our dryer died and the new one is on order. Now I need to go take them off the line. I thought I would find time to sew today, but DH will be home in just a few minutes. I hope he'll find something to do outside for a while. :anxious:
I'm feeling a little jealous of my family members who don't have to work, yet don't have any hobbies other than reading. :boohoo: Their houses are always spotless. Mine is usually a mess. I need a break!
Just had to vent. :brick:
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:27 pm

I feel your pain, Lori. My house is a total mess & I don't have the strength or energy to clean it. It is frustrating. (((HUGS))) to you.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby bridesmom on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:26 pm

My first day off with no one here but me ended up with me working on the computer all day getting stuff ready for my appt tomorrow with our finance guy, and balancing the books. And fixing the computer, and now I've fixed it so good, my laptop won't communicate with the wireless printer. Won't communicate with the main computer either, I think it's being very stick in the mud, stupid laptop.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom

New postby sewingmom on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:15 am

Lori, I hope you will feel better tomorrow. Perhaps a little walk in the sun would do you good also. I once thougt that having a housekeeper would solve all my messy house problems but it only tamed it a little bit. No one can tidy and clean to suit me but I do not have the get up and go to do it all the time.
Laura, I hope you got the computer problem solved.
sewingmom

New postby Bama on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:12 am

I think I'm feeling down more because all of my off days are spent either cleaning and doing laundry, or doing something for somebody else. Just feeling sorry for myself I guess. ;) :boohoo: I really, really don't want to go to work today. :roll:
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby SmilieFace on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:28 am

sewingmom wrote:I guess Mullygrubbs is a southernism. I can't find it in the dictionary tho My spelling may be incorrect.
I went for a walk with dgs and felt a little worse instead of better but will persevere. Thanks Linnie for the encouragment. Glad I could give you a chuckle. I hope you are feeling better. How did your MRI turn out????? Is DH feeling better???

I'm a dork and had to look up the word. Dictionary.com says it's mulligrubs. However it's spelled, I hope you get out of them soon!
SmilieFace

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Wellness