King Sized Double Wedding Ring Quilt

What quilting projects are you working on?

King Sized Double Wedding Ring Quilt

New postby momquilts on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Ok ladies, I bit the bullet today and purchased the fabric. Not at all what I had in mind when we went in the fabric store.
When the recipients were told it would probably take me a year to get it pieced and hand quilted, the male of the couple said, "You better be quicker than that, I'm not waiting that long to get married!" Good thing I like this couple VERY much.

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd35 ... 3311-1.jpg
This is the fabric for the rings.

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd35 ... 746171.jpg This is one of the corners. (It's med/dark green with a darker green print in it)

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd35 ... 745091.jpg This will be one of the corners where the rings meet and the binding. (It's black with steel grey swirls)

The centers of the rings and the melons (where the rings overlap) will be white muslin.

I'm counting on you all to hold me accountable for working on this faithfully each and every day!
momquilts

Re: King Sized Double Wedding Ring Quilt

New postby lendube on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:17 pm

That is going to be beautiful. Now don't burn yourself out, momquilts! Keep it fun or you'll hate doing it. And if it doesn't get done before their wedding then just say, "Sorry, it'll be for your 1st anniversary!! An artist can't be pressured!" :D
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby HeyJudee on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Glad you mentioned the colours as what I see on screen is totally different. Love the prints even though I don't see the right colours. It's gonna be great. And I agree with Lennie...1st anniversary quilt sounds do able...LOL
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby carman on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:58 pm

nothing wrong with having it machine quilted :-) then it would be no problem getting done in time ;)

carman
carman

New postby bridesmom on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:51 pm

It looks like it's going to be lovely! That's a huge undertaking!! Good luck with it all!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby momquilts on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:34 pm

carman wrote:nothing wrong with having it machine quilted :-) then it would be no problem getting done in time ;)

carman

Depending on how long it takes me and my budget at the time, that is an option I am considering.
momquilts

New postby Jeke on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:08 pm

A DWR is on my someday-to-do list. I will be glad to see yours when it is done.
Jay
Jeke

New postby momquilts on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:05 am

All fabrics are washed and ready for pressing. That is going to be a HUGE job as one piece is over 9 yards long! I may have to cut it into more managable pieces. :shock:
momquilts

New postby lendube on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:17 pm

With large pieces to iron I've set my ironing board real close to the narrow end of my dining room table and used it to hold up the length. Keeps it away from the pet hair and dust bunnies. :roll:
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby momquilts on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks for the tip Lennie. I think I'll set up on the long side as my table is oval and it wouldn't feed properly. I think I'll vacuum first also as my dog sheds terribly. I do have the larger pieces wound on bolts so I think I'll unroll the fabric, press it and then put it right back onto another bolt. Hopefully it will stay crease free until I can cut tomorrow.

School is closed on Monday for MLK Day and I have an appointment on Tuesday afternoon so I'll have two days to start cutting. I want to get all the physical work done before Jan 24th as I am having surgery on Jan 25th. Hopefully I will be able to sit at the sewing machine about a week after that. If so, I should be good on piecing since I'll be off work for 6 to 8 weeks. Hopefully the plumbing issues will be an easy fix and I'll have an uneventful recovery and be able to sew, sew, sew!
momquilts

Next

Return to Current Quilting Projects