Stash Challenge 2011

Discuss and participate in sewing/quilting related contests and challenges.

Moderator: Pudge99

Re: Stash Challenge 2011

New postby kaitlinnegan on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:14 am

LeapFrog Libby wrote:Nikki's Sweater is finished and presented. Modeled here by recipient. 2 yards. now if the pic will just attach.Folks I have spent 1/2 hour trying this. It just not will not work for me. I had Nikki shrink the pics and email to me. I have saved them to my pictures and now they will not upload. I am giving up. I also have a shot of the neckwarmers and the stockings, but no luck at all in trying to share with you. I am now officially leaving the contest. BUT, only the contest. I would not have won anyway, but I did want to get credit for the 20 plus yards of stash that is no longer in my home. Oh well, nobody's perfect as the old saying goes..

Libby, have you consulted this thread: Posting pictures?
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Friends, believe me , I have tried everything. I just need something I cannot get on here. The way I usually learn a new task, is to have someone tell me about it by just hitting the high spots in plain language. No techie talk. Then I ask questions about the step by step. As I master the logic of step i , then we will go to step 2, etc... I will not go into basics here but I cannot even master saving to pictures always. Sometimes it works and sometimes it saves a dialog file from e=mail instead of the picture. I will just have to wait until I get my sister or Nikki in a time frame to discuss this with me. The main problem is I am surrounded with a bunch of experts and nobody remembers what it was like to learn in the first place. The 2 of them have been doing this so long and my sis specially has built and installed complete systems for the company she worked for. She knows everything about computers and my DS knows quite a lot also, but neither of them are good as teachers. They have no patience. I am the only one in the family with any degree of patience. That is why I am a good teacher. LOL.. I really am.
I will just refrain from entering any contests that require photos from now on. What I plan to do from now on, is to reset my password on here and then, when I visit one of them again, I will log off here and back on when I am there, and get them to post whatever Photo I want posted. I really appreciate all the offers of help , Especially Theresa, she has gone way beyond in the offers of help. But lets just let this rest for now, Please.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby Mom of Six on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:28 pm

sewingmom wrote:hey Barb, do you suppose germs have found a way to come through the computer??? I hace a digestive tract virus on top of the cold I have been fighting. No sewing goin on here.

I don't think so but that would kind of prove my point that it isn't food poisoning! I have 1 SIL who is sure it is even though her DD had it for 3 days before Christmas Eve. I really think they passed it to the rest of us but won't say that to her.
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby bridesmom on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:15 pm

Lennie, sometimes I line the inside of the hood with a flannel, but this one, being fleece, I just clipped the curved seams, nothing fancy. If I serge the seam middle seam I will press it over to one side and topstitch it down.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby Mom of Six on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:03 pm

I think I am done for this challenge! If I get a picture taken I will post a picture of the cell phone holders I got done. I think it was only 6 & I can make 2 out of 1/4 yd so it s only another 3/4Yd. The only sewing I did this week was mending DGD's Purple Hippopotamus Chair, rehemming the skirt lining for DD, & fixing a 3 corner tear In DS's shirt sleeve. I did make myself a dish drying mat. I bought one in the store & decided I needed another so I used 2 dish towels & some 1/2" foam I had, serged around the outside & ran 1 row of stitching across the middle. It works great!
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six

New postby temom on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Mom of Six wrote:I think I am done for this challenge! If I get a picture taken I will post a picture of the cell phone holders I got done. I think it was only 6 & I can make 2 out of 1/4 yd so it s only another 3/4Yd. The only sewing I did this week was mending DGD's Purple Hippopotamus Chair, rehemming the skirt lining for DD, & fixing a 3 corner tear In DS's shirt sleeve. I did make myself a dish drying mat. I bought one in the store & decided I needed another so I used 2 dish towels & some 1/2" foam I had, serged around the outside & ran 1 row of stitching across the middle. It works great!

"The only sewing I did this week..." Good grief, Barb, that is a lot of sewing! Your dish drying mat sounds very interesting - I've never heard of one before. Is it to put the dishes on before you dry them? I might have to give that a try!

I know I will never catch up to Barb, but I still have some sewing to do! I've started to lay out a fleece shirt. I figured a fleece long sleeved "tee" would be perfect to go with my fleece pj pants. I have enough of matching fabric, but I'm going to make one out of an orange fleece that was thrown into a grab bag. Granted, it won't match my purple pj's, but it will be cozy! If it fits well, I will make one out of the matching material.
Theresa
temom

New postby bridesmom on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:54 pm

DD wants a pair of fleece pj pants, and I have the fabric but I am just not up to it, and I work tomorrow, so there's no way to get them even started. And I picked up the fabric for the two motorcycle shirts i bought on line, one for DH and one for a friend, just have to figure out what to charge for the shirt. The fabric cost me $33 with shipping, so not less than $50, as the pattern is really easy to do as I;ve done so many for DH. Will try the collar stand on DH's shirt, when I feel like sewing again. He wants it for Jan 13.
Laura
Go Canucks!
bridesmom

New postby temom on Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:22 am

I finally finished the pj pants for a friend. She had requested a draw string rather than elastic, for those pesky times when medicine causes her to swell up. I made the drawstring out of flannel, and the finished width is 1 inch. I made the button holes slightly smaller. Hopefully this will work for her. I have material for a 2nd pair for her, if I can get to it.
Attachments
Pj pants with drawstring  for Friend December 31 2011.jpg
Pj pants with drawstring for Friend December 31 2011.jpg (23.24 KB) Viewed 3569 times
Theresa
temom

New postby temom on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:05 pm

I just finished the fleece pj top. It was way too big, and I did take in a little bit in the shoulders and sides, but it is still big. But it sure is cozy, and I will definately wear it anyway! I learned a lot on this one.
1. Don't take your measurements when you are in your pjs and don't have your girls in the right place.
2. Something is amiss with my serger, the stitching is showing on the right side.
3. You can't do a double hem with fleece.
4. You really do need to use a zig zag stitch with fleece.
5. Fleece tops are HEAVENLY! Everyone should make one!

I will make another one in a smaller size, and see how it goes. But I need to see if I have all the pattern pieces in that size, since I last saw it in 2007, I have a suspicion I should just trace another one.
But before I do, I have some other projects to do. I still have to sew some ice pack holders, along with a few rice packs, some that fit in the holders, some that drape over the shoulders.

Wow. The preview of this pic is really yucky. I'm sorry. My orig. pic isn't bad. I'll try to take another with a different camera.
Attachments
orange fleece pj top too big.jpg
orange fleece pj top too big.jpg (6.71 KB) Viewed 3909 times
Theresa
temom

New postby bridesmom on Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:17 pm

Oh it looks wonderfully cozy!! Your serger thread tension just needs a bit of adjusting, do you have lint stuck in the tension discs??
Laura
Go Canucks!
bridesmom

PreviousNext

Return to Sewing/Quilting Contests and Challenges