Caleb's quilt fabrics came today.

Basic/Beginner quilting tips and techniques.

Caleb's quilt fabrics came today.

New postby icetbear on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:13 pm

Hi lovely ladies of the quilting forum. I ordered fabric for our grandson's new big boy bed in his new bedroom in his new house. ;) I ordered via the net from 'old country store fabrics'. The fabric is excellent quality, Wilmington Prints, Fun on The Farm. The colours are so bright and happy :applause: I'm looking forward to designing the quilt using another as a guide. Hope this finds you all well, enjoy a lovely Easter weekend. Take care.

NanaBear
icetbear

Re: Caleb's quilt fabrics came today.

New postby HeyJudee on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Sounds great. Can't wait to hear all about the progress. Remember we like pics...LOL
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby bridesmom on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:30 pm

Creating something like that for someone you love will be such a joy! Have fun Ann.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby icetbear on Fri May 27, 2011 6:52 pm

So good ladies of the 'bee', I sat 'self'' down today and had a heart to heart. Caleb's quilt fabric is waiting patiently for the day it graces his big boy bed. Self, I know that you have been blown away by the wonderous talent shown by Judy, Laura, Sheila and so many other beautiful quilters on this forum. But self, this is a quilt for a little boy to slip under after his bath, story, prayers and goodnight cuddles. This is a quilt he will make into a fort on that rainy, miserable afternoon. This is a quilt that will see the inside of a washer many times over. So self, much as you would love to create with flying geese, hand embroidery and fancy stitches . . . It is okay to make a patch quilt using the animal panels and 6 lovely, different fabrics to bring this quilt home to Caleb. Cut your blocks with care, sew your very best seams and tie it all up with love. You go NanaBear, they are cheering you on ;) Thank you kind ladies of the bee, take good care.

NanaBear
icetbear

New postby temom on Fri May 27, 2011 8:23 pm

icetbear wrote:So good ladies of the 'bee', I sat 'self'' down today and had a heart to heart. Caleb's quilt fabric is waiting patiently for the day it graces his big boy bed. Self, I know that you have been blown away by the wonderous talent shown by Judy, Laura, Sheila and so many other beautiful quilters on this forum. But self, this is a quilt for a little boy to slip under after his bath, story, prayers and goodnight cuddles. This is a quilt he will make into a fort on that rainy, miserable afternoon. This is a quilt that will see the inside of a washer many times over. So self, much as you would love to create with flying geese, hand embroidery and fancy stitches . . . It is okay to make a patch quilt using the animal panels and 6 lovely, different fabrics to bring this quilt home to Caleb. Cut your blocks with care, sew your very best seams and tie it all up with love. You go NanaBear, they are cheering you on ;) Thank you kind ladies of the bee, take good care.

NanaBear

Amen! Preach it, NanaBear!
And some day you can sit down with him and tell him about how you made it, and any unique design features that are just in his quilt, put there by his Nana.
Theresa
temom

New postby bridesmom on Fri May 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Ann, he will love it no matter what you do cause it was made by Nana just for him! And if you have all those great animal prints, you would want great big blocks to show it all off, what cute fabric it is!
Laura
Go Canucks!
bridesmom

New postby HeyJudee on Fri May 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Some of the best quilts are plain patchwork, big blocks and definitely made with love. Fancy quilting can't beat that. BTW, I have to make a baby quilt for my nephew who will be having a son arriving in August and I bought a Paddington Bear panel to be used, either for the top or for the backing. So that needs to get moved to my to do list real quick too...so I need to talk to this "self" and get this "self" quilting.
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby bridesmom on Sat May 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Do you need another boot in the butt Judy???? :D :D
Laura
Go Canucks!
bridesmom

New postby momquilts on Sat May 28, 2011 8:45 pm

OK Nanabear, this Nana also needs to get her 'rear in gear' and get working on the quilt on the frame that has been sitting in the living room for about a month or maybe more. This is a wedding gift for DS's college roommate who was also the best man in DS & DDIL's wedding. Their wedding will be 11-6-11 so I had better give my 'self' a pep talk also!

Thanks for the encouragement!
momquilts

New postby icetbear on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:04 pm

Wow, watch out good ladies of the bee :) I am on a roll with Caleb's quilt. I am using 12 5/8 blocks to match the animal panel blocks. I have made a paper template to place the fabric blocks against the animal panel blocks :) Such fun to be working with big pieces, lots of fabric choices, even pulled a piece from my stash :) Thank you as always for your kind words of encouragement ;) Take care.

NanaBear from the north ;)
icetbear

Next

Return to Basic/Beginner Quilting