Hey, where is everyone??

Too quiet around here? Wondering why no one is posting? Post your existential musings here.

Hey, where is everyone??

New postby lendube on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:08 am

It's weird to log on in the morning and not see at least ten or so posts waiting to be read from last night and the morning. So, what'cha up to today?? What's for dinner? What's the weather like? What's on your mind today?
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Re: Hey, where is everyone??

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Well, my morning was spent at the Orthopaedic doctor having my knee examined. Arthritis has it so swollen that I can barely walk. He gave me an injection in the knee cap & now I'm in a flexible knee brace. I still have to stay off my feet as much as possible & ice it down. If I can get either my daughter or hubby to go to the grocery for some ground round, I'll cook spaghetti for dinner tonight. Otherwise, I don't know what I'll fix as our freezer needs to be refilled. The weather is sunny & cool with a high in the low 50's. It was 34 degrees when left home at 7:30am to go to the doctor. This afternoon I'm going to make some ornaments to send to some friends. Then I want to embroider some towels for me or work on one of the tops I have cut out. I should be cleaning my closet though or the bathroom.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby icetbear on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi gang :) We are having a quiet day at the office, just one client in for a meeting. I am in pre-tax season mode updating client information etc. Snowing, windy. Watergate Chicken/Caesar Salad for dinner. I hope to get some quilting time before dinner and then spend the evening getting organized for the 'paint-a-thon' weekend. We need to finish painting the bathroom, living/dining room so that the last of the flooring can be laid. Window coverings last on the list and with that done, a three year complete home renovation will be done. ;) Hope you are enjoying a pleasant day, Marty careful with that knee. Take care.

NanaBear
icetbear

New postby temom on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:53 pm

I sent everyone out the door this morning and took a snooze on the couch before I had to go to work.

It is sunny and 56 F, after 2 days of rain. The weather sure does fluctuate a lot around here.

Don't know what I'm having for dinner tonight. I made a beef stew in my fancy new pressure cooker last night, which was absolutely yummyful. Guess I need to make a decision about dinner soon.

Both kids have auditions this afternoon, so I'm trying to keep dd focused and relaxed. This is the first time she has auditioned for a big solo like this before. She is usually in a group, or has just a few lines for a solo. This is for a whole song.
DS will be home from school in about half an hour, and I'll see if he needs to run through his songs. He is auditioning for a solo and small ensemble. Then off for 4:00 auditions.

And tomorrow I'm off from work!
Theresa
temom

New postby Mom of Six on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:10 pm

I got up late & had to hurry to work. Got home about an hour ago. Now I am trying to get enough ambition to do some dishes.
Everyone was just eating lunch when I got home so I probably won't fix dinner.
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby momquilts on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Lovely day at work today. (said with much sarcasm). Came home and did a couple loads of laundry. DH made dinner, he's a keeper if I haven't told you that lately. ;) I just finished making a schedule for dog care for the days I will be staying with DGS. I love my dog but this is really nuts to have to arrange daycare for a dog!! DH said just board her at the kennel. It is $13/day and it would be 6 or more days! I can pay DD for a couple days and save some money.

The weather was ok today but we are expecting a clipper in the early morning hours tomorrow with between 1-3 inches of snow. Then there is a storm coming from the Gulf of Mexico that is expected to bring snow on Tuesday. I sure hope it goes out to sea and doesn't hug the East Coast which is where we are.
momquilts

New postby lendube on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Quite a normal, uneventful day today. Took dogs for a long, long walk. Ran errands in town. Laundry. Ho Hummmm........Dinner? Better decide now. I thought dh wanted sushi made with the fish he just caught but no, he doesn't feel like it. I guess I'll make Pasta Pacifica. Thin spaghetti with garlic butter, lemon juice, capers, imitation crab and shrimp if I have any. It's good and tasty with a salad. Yum. Weather was a lot warmer. Think we hit 56 today but the clouds were rolling in like crazy.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby bridesmom on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:21 pm

Worked today, ho hum. DH's single buddy turned 50 today so we took him out for supper to Sammy J Peppers which was nummy. I had a shrimp and lobster penne in rose sauce, so good, and then decided I needed dessert (like another hole in my head!) I had the chocolate mousse cake thinking it would be a little sliver, well, holy shmoly, it was HUGE! But I ate the whole thing, and I feel sick. Now am sitting watching my fav show Big Bang Theory. We have decided we are going to spend a week in Vegas in Nov, drag races, SEMA auto show and a CircdeSoleil show for me or something like that, plus a hotel with a pool and hopefully nice weather to lay by the pool in. Can you tell its so miserable, dark, dreary and wet here that it was as dark at noon as it was at 8:30 when the sun apparently rose for the day. To work in the dark and rain, come home in the dark and rain. Would go sew, but am too lazy. Work tomorrow and the weekend off. We are going to take a Subaru for a test drive Saturday. Unless DH has changed his mind again about buying a different car. Seems every few days he changes his mind, so am not holding my breath!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby DorothyL on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:41 am

I might get in some sewing today.
I have to call a 93-year-old man that still plays racquetball every day and a 16-year-old girl that collected shoes at her school to send to Afghanistan.
Wally's going to bring some thing to cook after he gets done with work today so I don't know what is for dinner.
And there is nothing on my mind today. I'm tired and it is blank -- just the way I like it.

Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:04 am

Today, I'm off to a 4 hour seminar with Walter Floriani, the creator of Floriani embroidery stabilizers, threads, etc. Told hubby & DD that they are responsible for dinner tonight. I've spent most of the morning sleeping & getting some rest. Finished the ornaments yesterday so will get them ready to mail on Monday. I plan to sew for me over the weekend & organize my bedroom closet. Other than church on Sunday morning, that's all I have planned for the weekend. We're supposed to have snow starting Sunday afternoon with a possible 1-3 inches accumulation. I have 2 doctor appointments on Monday which will take all day. My emails have backed up while I've been sewing & right now I have over 950+ to read. Y'all have a great day.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Next

Return to Where is everyone?