Bravo TV's newest fashion reality show

Developing your personal style, building your wardrobe, and the latest trends.

Bravo TV's newest fashion reality show

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:39 am

On Wed, Dec 2nd, Bravo TV will premiere a new fashion reality show called "Launch My Line" at 11 EST/10pm CST. Guess Bravo is still trying to capture the viewer base that followed Project Runway. This new show is set in Los Angeles. You can read more about it, the contestants, & watch a snippet on http://www.bravotv.com & then click on the link for "Launch My Line". One of the first contestants is Lou Rawls daughter, Louanna. The judges are very young. Sounds intriguing.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Bravo TV's newest fashion reality show

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:58 am

You know , Marty, I never saw anyone except me comment on "the Fashion Show' that Bravo put on earlier this year.. I don't really like the guy personally, Isaac , I think is his name.. But, nevertheless , he knows the fashion business and he is talented.. I wonder if they are replacing him with this newer one hoping it will be more sucessful??
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:16 pm

I don't know Libby. I tried to watch "The Fashion Show" two or three times but quickly lost interest. I don't think Isaac Mizrahi is that great of a fashion designer. His line is sold at Target & the fit is horrible as well as poorly sewn. At least the 3 outfits that I bought my daughter with his label were like that. His co-host was just mean to the contestants. I didn't like it & found something more interesting to watch.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:15 pm

I never look at clothes at Target.. They don't fit me.. I have to have petites.. Or else the waistline is on my hips.. I don't mind hemming, but if I buy a garment that has a waistline, it has to be a petite.. That is why I took home ec in the first place in Jr Hi school. To learn how to make clothes that fit me..That is why I am so glad that I am now back in Miss Petite sizes instead of Women's petites.. Much more variety and brighter colors.. I have reached the 50 pound mark in my weight loss.. My Dr. told me again last month that I had lost enough and sure enough all my numbers are in normal ranges now.. She said I'm not MUCH of a diabetic now.. I loved hearing those words! !
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby HeyJudee on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:20 pm

LeapFrog Libby wrote: I have reached the 50 pound mark in my weight loss.. My Dr. told me again last month that I had lost enough and sure enough all my numbers are in normal ranges now.. She said I'm not MUCH of a diabetic now.. I loved hearing those words! !

Congrats Libby :applause: :dance: :applause: :dance: That's quite an accomplishment
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby pucktricks on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:40 pm

Congrats Libby!

Ticia
pucktricks

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:46 am

I watched the show last night & it was very interesting. Very few of the contestants had a sewing background & their experiences ranged from choreographer to marketing executive. All are wannabees in the fashion world. Each of them were paired with with a known (?) designer to create a company name, logo & signature piece. They were given one hour to sketch & then taken Michael Levine's store in Los Angeles to shop. Whatever fabric they bought is the only fabric that can be used to launch their line as there will not be any more shopping trips. I think that I really liked Louanna Rawls' outfit the best. She is Lou Rawls daughter. I will definitely watch next week. I just wish that it didn't come on at the same time as the 10pm news.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby bridesmom on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:30 am

WAY TO GO LIBBY!!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: You deserve a really big treat, like a whole new wardrobe!!!!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby crazzeesewing on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 pm

i do watch "launch my line" it is very different from project runway as in LML the known designers(??) are doing most of the sewing and designing. the contestants mainly voice thier ideas to their designers wheras on project runway--the contestants draft the design,cut and sew from beginning to end. same drama-different shows but i like project runway better. eposide 106 of lml featured an out fit that resembled a disco out fit that was popular at that time.(it wwas the rust colored dress with the top that you could tie in different ways to get different looks) and actually it was a simplicity or mccalls pattern. i like to watch these shows to see what designs they come up with.
crazzeesewing

New postby bridesmom on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:05 pm

I don't think we even get it, but I will try too see if i can get it on line. Not that I'm much into fashion lately, until I have to go out somewhere nice and look in my closet!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom

Next

Return to Fashion and Style