Rules for Posting

Working with a new fabric can be intimidating - discuss everything from washing to needle choice here.

Rules for Posting

New postby kaitlinnegan on Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:52 pm

Hi all! I figure it's time for a few rules around here. :) In general, just think before you post. Be polite and respectful, and you won't get in trouble. Here are the general rules:

1. Please keep the language, topics of conversation, and photos posted on this site PG-13. This site currently doesn't have censored words, and I would prefer to keep it that way. But if this freedom is abused, it will go away in a flash!
  2. Be polite and don't start or fuel flame wars! We are all friends here. Sometimes controversial topics come up, but, remember, if debates become too heated, feelings can get hurt.
  3. Non-sewing topics may be discussed in the Community area (Take a break, Home and Hearth, etc), which is intended for lighthearted and enjoyable discussions like you might find around a water cooler at work. However, any discussion or post that causes problems or drama will be locked or deleted. The Community area is intended for fun and community building, not proselytizing or arguing.
  4. Keep posts on topic, as much as you can. If you find a thread is veering away from the thread's original purpose, please post a new thread about the new topic! What I am mostly concerned about is people going off on a non-sewing related tangent in the sewing or quilting forums. I am going to leave this mostly up to the members to self-regulate, but I might occasionally send a gentle reminder or start a new thread for you if things start becoming too disorganized.
  5. Don't post copyrighted materials that aren't yours. If you want to post something from another website, please post a link rather than copying text or images.
  6. Post your thread in one place only. Try to pick the most specific forum that it suited to the topic of your post. If you post the same thing in multiple forums, all of them but one will be deleted. If you posted something in the wrong forum and want me to move it, just send me a PM. Occasionally, I will move posts if I feel they are a better fit in a different forum - please don't view this as punishment. I'm just trying to keep things organized!
  7. Please don't advertise anything you sell in your posts or signature. If you are posting for the purposes of getting business advice (Would this item sell? How much should I charge?), post in the Sewing/Quilting Businesses forum.
  8. If you see something inappropriate, please report the post (click the triangle with the exclamation point) or PM me. Do not reply to the post - it just makes a bigger mess for me to clean up!

Please understand that in addition to keeping things moving smoothly, I am ethically and legally responsible for what is posted on this site. I can't help but impose my own beliefs on the board to some extent, but I do not aim to stifle anyone's free speech within reason. I will edit or delete posts that I believe are inappropriate for this public forum. Remember that there are plenty of other outlets for posting on the internet if you do not agree with my judgment of what is or is not appropriate. If you repeatedly make troublesome or malicious posts and do not make an effort to cooperate with me, I will ban you from making further posts.

If everyone treats each other with kindness and respect, we should not have any problems! :D
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

Re: Rules for Posting

New postby lendube on Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:12 pm

Boy, good rules for life! I'll be good, I promise. :D
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby Magot on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:41 am

Ok Boss Lady, though I do have to admit to getting sidetracked on occasion...

I'm generally funny though!
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby MaryW on Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:36 pm

If anyone needs policing, it is you. :shame: :shame: LOLOL.
MaryW
owner/editor of Sew Whats New
MaryW

New postby Brenisback on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:57 pm

I guess I better be careful to ...I can get in trouble real easy!!! LOL :doh:
Brenda

People come into your life ...for a Reason a Season or a Lifetime.
Brenisback

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:49 pm

I'll try real hard to control my big mouth.. It just seems to run on by itself sometimes...LOL
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby Magot on Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:34 am

:cry: Mary told me off.... :silence:
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby PaulineG on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:13 am

It's alright Jan - we still love you. We know you don't mean to be naughty.
Pauline
PaulineG

New postby Magot on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:40 am

fanx Pauline, that makes me all warm and cosy...
oops hang on....off topic......
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby lendube on Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:58 am

I think she does. :shh:
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Next

Return to Understanding Fabrics