WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYONE

Too quiet around here? Wondering why no one is posting? Post your existential musings here.

WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYONE

New postby MaryW on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Sheesh, where is everyone. This place is toooooo quiet. What is everyone sewing?

I just finished the Mandarin Shirt Jacket. All I need are buttons and buttonholes. Now I am onto the Capri jacket from Textile Studios. The pattern is for wovens, but I want to try a knit. I really like the longer version of this.
MaryW
owner/editor of Sew Whats New
MaryW

Re: WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYONE

New postby Magot on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:22 pm

so where are the pictures Mary? ;)
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby MaryW on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:24 pm

Hey Jan, what's shakin? No pictures yet, it looks kinda weird without buttons. What are you up to these days?
MaryW
owner/editor of Sew Whats New
MaryW

New postby esrun3 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi Mary, nice to see you here. I've been busy sewing and playing with my embroidery machine but mostly just busy with the holidays and cooking, cleaning, etc. Been on vacation and back to work now and it's cutting into my play time big time!!! have several things cut out but can't find time to sew them this week.

Be sure to show us pictures of your lovely items!
Lyn
esrun3

New postby Glennssister on Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:59 pm

Hey Mary, Are you sewing for the 2008 SWAP? Have you mad e the move to the farmhouse yet? I hope life is treating you well!!!
Glennssister

New postby DorothyL on Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:21 pm

Hi Mary.
I got a new sewing machine for Xmas and made my husband a shirt to say thank you.

Now I'm making a Kimono style jacket.

I was going to make a jacket with a collar and lapels with this great silk lining but for some reason I didn't order enough silk -- it was probably too expensive. When I put it on the shelf I labeled it 3 yards but it was only two. I would have been in tears if I had cut the other fabric -- a wonderful soft rayon/poly blend -- only to find I didn't have enough silk. I was going to make the collar and lapels out of the silk as well as the lining.

I am so glad I got lazy and cut the kimono instead. Now I just won't line the sleeves and it will be fine.
DorothyL

New postby material_pakrat on Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi Mary. I've been AWOL and have just come back to catch up with everyone. One of the current threads is "Seam a day", but I am attempting to login once a day. It's great to hear you have found time to get some sewing done.
Happiness is finally having a sewing room! Soph
material_pakrat

New postby Mom of Six on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:06 pm

I'm here!! not much sewing these days. Back to work after a 2 week break & we are doing some remodeling in the house. With all that I am too pooped to sew! I am going to try to find some time over the weekend to do a couple of quick projects to see if that will jumpstart my sewing again. I guess I am in a post holiday slump with all that is going on.
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby MotherInLaw on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:12 pm

Well well talk about where is everyone where have you been lately? :applause: Baby waiting again for me and Sewhappie. Her baby was born today and ours will be born in Feb. Nothing much other than that going on here. So how's the family? I finally have all my sons up here with me now. I knew they couldn't do without their Mama. Take care and don't be such a stranger. :shame: Come see us more often.
Live today as if tomorrow was the last day of your life
MotherInLaw

New postby temom on Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:08 pm

This workin' stuff sure puts a dent in your day, that is for sure. I worked half a day, then took my van in for an oil change, then grocery shopping, kids, blah blah blah.
My machine is in the shop, so I didn't sew anything. I'm deconstructing sweat shirts though, does that count?
Theresa
temom

Next

Return to Where is everyone?