August

What sewing projects are you working on?

August

New postby sewingrandma on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:20 am

Can you believe it is August already. Seems like all I've done this summer is mow the grass with all the rain we've had. :shock:
I have managed to continue to sew for charity making tote bags, blankets and clothes and sleepers. DH had cataract surgery 2 weeks ago and will have his other eye operated on this week so I've been interrupted every few hours to put eye drops in. It is worth it as his eyesight has improved so much. He has extreme astigmatism and glasses did nothing but distort what he could see but the lens inserted has helped a great deal. He says it is like seeing the world for the first time as it should be.
Hope everyone is staying cool and dry.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Re: August

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:59 am

It is very hot and humid here. Have had so many health issues that my sewing is slow. Have lots of unfinished projects. However, yesterday, at our ASG meeting, we made a makeup bag and I finished mine. It was a free PDF pattern from Crafty Gemini. Took 2 fat quarters, a zipper and some fusible interfacing and about an hour or so to make. I am not very good with craft sewing. However, I am pleased with this project. It will go to my teenage niece with a little makeup inside.
Case for Makeup Aug 2018 Side 1.JPG
Case for Makeup Aug 2018 Side 1.JPG (60.8 KB) Viewed 1638 times

Case for Makeup Side 2 Aug 2018.JPG
Case for Makeup Side 2 Aug 2018.JPG (73.18 KB) Viewed 1636 times

Case for Makeup Inside Aug 2018.JPG
Case for Makeup Inside Aug 2018.JPG (67.98 KB) Viewed 1641 times

Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:31 pm

Yesterday, I made 10 pillows (18 inches x 18 inches) for the homeless. It was a great sewing day and I had new students to teach the joy of sewing.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:43 am

Sounds like you are feeling better Marty. I hope so.

September is for sleepers at Newborns in Need so I've been making fleece sleep sacks this month. My goal is 12. It takes me about 45 minutes to sew each one if I don't put the zip in backwards which I do on a regular basis when I use invisible zips.

It is still hot and humid here. We did go a week without rain-first time this year we've gone this long without rain. My fall allergies have kicked in-ragweed is in full bloom here so I'm sneezing all day long.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:50 am

It's been a rough year healthwise ... Right now, I have several projects in the works, I'm making a carrier for sewing supplies. I just have to add the binding around the edge and it is done. Also have a jacket cut out and am still working on the lace table toppers. It is extremely hot and humid here so I rarely go outdoors ... Just to and from the car or next door to care for my neighbor's dogs. I am also writing lessons for a Facebook beginner's sewing group I created called "Basic Sewing 101". The focus is garment sewing. I have 12 sewing Facebook groups that I created so I do keep busy with those too. Sewing is always on my mind ... I woke up at 5am today thinking about what to embroider on some napkins for a thank you gift.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

Return to Current Sewing Projects