A New Stole

Pictures and descriptions of finished projects, plus tutorials of how to make sewing projects!

A New Stole

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:28 pm

This past week, I finished up the stole for my minister. It took over 10 hours to make this stole over the week. The fabric is royal blue linen from Fabric-Store.com. I used Fashion Sewing Supply's super crisp shirt interfacing and Floriani's embroidery stabilizers with Madeira rayon thread. I drafted my own pattern based on a picture that I saw. I'm very proud of my work on this. All construction was done on my serger and the embroideries were from Sonia Showalter and Embroidery Online were done on my Ellisimo sewing/embroidery machine. Enjoy!!!

Advent Stole 2016.JPG
Advent Stole 2016.JPG (95.01 KB) Viewed 5458 times

Advent Stole bottom for Jim McKinney.jpg
Advent Stole bottom for Jim McKinney.jpg (126.31 KB) Viewed 6181 times

Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: A New Stole

New postby sewingrandma on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:02 am

Very pretty Marty. Growing up there was one Pastor we had who seemed to have a different fonts stole every Sunday with unique designs on them. Wonder if he had a friend like you to make his supply.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:57 pm

At Cokesbury (the United Methodist bookstore) sells stoles starting at $150 and up. I make them for about $35 but I don't charge the ministers for them. I just ask that they donate to their church's area that needs money the most. It's a win-win situation. I find that I love making clerical stoles and being creative in designing the patterns,replica christian louboutin pumps
picking the fabrics, and embroidery designs. I will be starting 2 more stoles on Monday. These will be for Christmas Sunday and communion services. I'm excited about starting these.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby Skye on Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:20 am

Skye

Return to Completed Sewing Projects and Tutorials