Sewing mom's husband

Chat about family and home.

Sewing mom's husband

New postby sewingmom on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:25 am

On July 27th It will be 30 months since Ronnie had his hemorrhagic stroke. We were told that if he didn't have surgery, he would surely die. If he did have surgery he would be a vegetable in a nursing home dependent of care for every need. NOT!!! Ronnie drove the car in Huntsville 2 days ago as part of an evaluation for safe driving post stroke. He drove on University drive and on Drake avenue!!! He passed his evaluation!!!! We had to drive to Scottsboro yesterday. Guess who drove! One more step toward Independence. Thank You everyone for prayers and encouragement. Thank You Father God for hearing our prayers and granting Ronnie life
sewingmom

Re: Sewing mom's husband

New postby MartySews2 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:14 pm

Yippee!!! What a blessing for you and Ronnie!!! So happy for you!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:02 pm

Praise and Thank God for Ronnie's miraculous recovery. I love it when we get to say A Big THANK YOU to Father God for his blessings he bestows on us...
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby sewingrandma on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:56 am

That is wonderful news about Ronnie. So glad he is able to have more independence.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby kaitlinnegan on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:32 pm

So glad to hear this. Thankful for his healthcare providers and the wonderful resilience of the human body. I'm sure your support has been vital every step along the way, sewingmom.
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby Skye on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:04 pm

I am so glad to hear this :dance:
Skye

New postby sewingmom on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:49 am

Thanks ladies. I wish you all the best. I want you all to know that I made a decision this week to try to begin to sew or do something sewing related at least 3 days a week. I'm sure it will only be 15 minutes at a time and slow progress but I have just got to move forward. If you know a caregiver, please give her attention as often as you can.
sewingmom

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:40 pm

I do that very thing, I know how that is. I went thru it a little while when my DM was still in my sisters home, before we had to put her in the nursing home for about 18 months before her death. I would spell my sister so that she could have a long weekend away once in a while. Nowadays , I try to think of the ones that I know are up against theis type of situation and do whatever I can to lift their spirits as much as possible. Sometimes just a fast food lunch surprise brings such a smile to their face, or just to spell them for 1 hour and let them go for a walk or just a quiet restful nap.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby pinecone on Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:26 pm

What wonderful news, sewingmom. I bet your DH is happy too. You are so right about caregivers. I cared for DMIL-Alz for 7 years at our home. Thank goodness for a respite grant we had.

piney
pinecone

New postby jackbenson003 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:19 am

Feeling good for Ronnie recovery. Thats such a great news. yippe! Its time to party now.
jackbenson003

Next

Return to Home and Hearth