Holliday Greetings

Chat with your friends on SWU - this board is for non-sewing related posts.

Holliday Greetings

New postby sewingmom on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:21 am

Yes things at home and around the world are stressful but this week I declare
[size=200]HAPPY THANKSGIVING[color=#BFFF00]
from Ronnie and Belinda/Lindy
sewingmom

Re: Holliday Greetings

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:54 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! May each of you remember to give thanks for all of your blessings and will have lots of fun, love and laughter as you celebrate with family and friends. Our day will be very quiet without the traditional dishes ...
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingmom on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:51 pm

Marty, A diabetic safe recipe here. 1 egg, 1 banana. cook on a griddle like a pancake with a little coconut oil to grease the pan or griddle. if you add 1/4 cup pecans and a half tsp. salt, it tastes like banana nut bread. Delicious. only 15 grams of carbs for whole recipe. I will cook these for thanks giving desert. No artificial sweetener.
Yummy, new traditions. Traditions have to have a beginning. Ronnie eats these without the pecans at my son's house for supper once a week and his sugar is level all night.
Belinda/Lindy
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:02 pm

Lindy, thanks for the recipe. I may try it some time.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingmom on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:27 am

Love you Friend and hope your week is a great success! I love the song that starts out, Give thanks with a grateful heart. I am thankful for a friend like you!!! I am so thankful for SWU and the chatter that has helped me with sewing and lifted me up through life's trials. Thanks Bob and Kaitlin for this web site. Thanks to all the people who take the time to post here. May your holiday season be blessed with good memories of the past and new memory making events and traditions.
Belinda/Lindy
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:00 am

Lindy, I woke up singing in my mind "Give Thanks" which starts out "Give thanks for a grateful heart" ... I am so thankful for you, my friend, and all of my friends in cyber land as well as those that I have had the good fortune to meet in real life. I am truly blessed. Today is really low key without any special meals ... dinner as usual except we are having ham. Hubby might bake something but I'm not doing anything extra special. I'm sewing today. I keep going over in my mind how so many people right here in Memphis who are hungry and wish that they could have a good meal. It makes it hard for me to want to eat too much.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:42 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all. We are all thankful here for all the blessings we've had this year. I'm cooking a big meal but most will go home with DD and her family. I don't enjoy cooking so generally go all out once a year and the rest of the time it is what ever is easy and quick and healthy.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Return to Take a break