Interesting sewing machine cabinet, ever seen one?

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

Re: Interesting sewing machine cabinet, ever seen one?

New postby Katenbat on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Hello! I found this forum with a google image search for sewing cabinets. My husband does not understand my unending happiness about this, so I have to share it somewhere: we just trash picked this cabinet from down the street! I noticed it because I've been looking for something like it as a tv stand. As soon as I walked up to it, I knew it was a fancy sewing cabinet. It is just so delightful. I'm thinking I may need it as my new sewing cabinet instead of a tv stand now, though! So exciting! :). Thank you for posting about it--I'm so happy to learn some of its history!
Katenbat

New postby pinecone on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:10 pm

Welcome to the forum and what a great find from "trash picking"!

piney
pinecone

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:09 am

Hi Kat, welcome to the forum ... it's amazing what we can find sometimes ... hope to read about your sewing projects.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewing101 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:11 am

I have a cabinet that is almost exactly like yours. Only differeance I can see is the door pull handles. The 4 knobs on mine are white.. Mine is in excellent condition. It is called the Arlington model 267. The singer machine that fit this cabinet was the Athena 2000 which finally died on me. I have been looking for a new machine that will fit this beautiful cabinet.

The owners manual reads:
The nostalgic design, crafted in finest maple veneer, infuses this console with the spirit of early America. With a wealth of storage space below and an expanse of sewing surface above. Plus the added comfort of the swing-away surface, for close-up sewing with heightened fabric control. Singer copyright 1977 The Singer Co.
sewing101

New postby janny12 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:18 pm

I have one just like it in excellent condition..... might want to sell it....getting prices now. I know it's solid oak and still has,the sewing machine in in.
janny12

New postby patty02893 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:42 pm

I have the exact same cabinet! It was bought in California in 1975.
patty02893

Previous

Return to Sewing Machines