quiet

Too quiet around here? Wondering why no one is posting? Post your existential musings here.

quiet

New postby Joni Lowe on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:01 pm

Boy this forum sure is quiet these days. I've peeked in on occasion, and haven't seen too many of the old familiar regulars. Anyone know where Lenny went? I miss her posts. Joni :?:
Joni Lowe

Re: quiet

New postby sewingmom on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:45 pm

;)It wouldn't be quiet so quiet if you could posted more (it is nice to see your post). I am not here much due to DH's illness and the rigors of life. Linnie had a lot of that going on in her life also and she became offended at me. I am so sorry because she was a major contributor here, and a nice person, as was Our friend from the New York area. (Dorothy I think.) Facebook seems to be where everything is happening.
Bama posts there I know. she is missed also as are so many more. I do not post anywhere much now. I just happen to be doing soe banking right now on the computer so decided to take a peek. Hope you have a good night and please do post here when you can.
"Where have all the flowers gone....Long time passin' "
Belinda
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:51 am

Hi Joni, I post as often as I can ... sometimes it seems like a monologue. :D Right now, I don't have anything finished to post photos. I did do 2 napkins with monograms and buttonholes for a friend of my hubby's. He picked them up yesterday before I could get photos and ordered some more. My very big project right now is a wedding dress. Will post photos later today of the muslin. The actual gown will be satin with a pewter gray organza overlay on the skirt. The bride will have someone else bead the gown. It is a mixture of 2 patterns graded out 8 inches to fit the bride. A nice little project.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewhappyrtr on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:31 am

I find its easier to post things on facebook and pictures there than on here.. I have always had a hard time on here with pictures.. I also miss the way it used to be on here in the past.. I try to check in.. but I am guilty of not checking as frequently as I should.
Karen
Walt Disney World.. the place I always want to be at !!
sewhappyrtr

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:48 am

I read it at least 5 days a week, whether or not I post anything. I don't get on all 7 days, though. I miss all the contacts.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby pinecone on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Is there a forum FB group? I'm not sewing too much right now, still trying to get my dad's house empty. The bright spot is babysitting my 3yo granddaughter. She is starting into that "ham" stage and loves to sing into the handle of a hairbrush. My 1 yo granddaughter is doing wobbly walking but really still like to crawl.

piney
pinecone

New postby sewingrandma on Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:41 am

I'm still here and post when I can. I visit most days and respond if I have something to add or post if I have a question. My sewing has been on the back burner practically since April when Abby was born. Have had a lot of 'goings' on this spring and summer, visiting with other grandchildren, traveling to the mountains for a 4 day weekend with other family members, babysitting for Abby. Seems like we've gone from one event to another for the last 3 months. Abby's surgery was expected, just not this soon.
For those of you who haven't been here in a while welcome back and please continue to visit and contribute, you've been missed. Some of us don't do facebook for one reason or another. :brick:
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby Joni Lowe on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:16 pm

I know what you mean Brockie. It seems sometimes that life just gets in the way of our sewing doesn't it? :D I seem to go in spurts. I'll go for months, without sewing a stitch, and then Whammy! Sewing is the only thing I want to do! Piney posed an interesting ?? though, about a forum on f/b. If there is, I'll join it. F/B is becoming easier for me to use and post to. I sure would like to know. I posted a pm last night, and I'm still not sure if the recipient got the message or not. Interesting. I used to not be a fan of f/b, but now I find I enjoy it a great deal.
Joni Lowe

Return to Where is everyone?