My summer

Too quiet around here? Wondering why no one is posting? Post your existential musings here.

My summer

New postby sewingrandma on Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:56 pm

I sure haven't done much sewing lately. Have had lots of family things to do. Spent July 4th with DD#2, DSIL and grandbaby in the mountains. Had beautiful weather. Nice and relaxing.
Had 2 grandsons spend last week with us. Unfortunately I had come down with a summer cold so we didn't get to do as much as we would have liked but we did go to a historical site and they got to board ships, explore a fort and an Indian village and see how people lived back then. Our son came down to pick up his boys and we had a family cookout yesterday which was nice. One of our grand dogs even came to visit and made it known that she would protect our property and those on it from invading dogs. She surprised us all.
This week I start to watch our youngest granddaughter until she is able to go to regular day care. She has had a rough start and is still facing heart surgery in the near future. We are all concerned and needing prayers for her and her parents.
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer as much as I am. It is tiring but wouldn't change it. How come we can't have grandchildren first? They are so much fun to spoil.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Re: My summer

New postby Skye on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Sounds like you are having a lovely time with your GC :D

In the depths of winter here so I have been spending a bit of time indoors. Got a quilt top sandwiched up yesterday and plan to reconfigure my sewing space for quilting this afternoon and get started.
The K9's ned exercising but I am not going out on a cold rainy day. So lots of ball throwing for the younger one to help get rid of his energy.
Skye

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:30 pm

So far this summer, I have been teaching classes not only thru my church but with my guild also. I have several projects in the works. In the midst of all of this, I have developed bronchial pneumonia and have had to give up all of my activities with church and my guild. For now, I am bed rest for the next several weeks. I do get up to work on my sewing projects though. My main one is a wedding gown that is due July 19th to be finished. My daughter was home from school for 2 weeks in May and another 2 weeks in June and we celebrated her 26th birthday. On June 25th, hubby went with her back to DC and took her best friend for a 10 day vacation. He got back home on July 5th. I rarely go outdoors in the summertime as I cannot tolerate the heat and have a lot of trouble breathing because of the hazardous ozone levels. I always look forward to winter when I can enjoy the fresh air and being outdoors. It cannot come soon enough for me.
Marty
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:30 pm

So far this summer, I have been teaching classes not only thru my church but with my guild also. I have several projects in the works. In the midst of all of this, I have developed bronchial pneumonia and have had to give up all of my activities with church and my guild. For now, I am bed rest for the next several weeks. I do get up to work on my sewing projects though. My main one is a wedding gown that is due July 19th to be finished. My daughter was home from school for 2 weeks in May and another 2 weeks in June and we celebrated her 26th birthday. On June 25th, hubby went with her back to DC and took her best friend for a 10 day vacation. He got back home on July 5th. I rarely go outdoors in the summertime as I cannot tolerate the heat and have a lot of trouble breathing because of the hazardous ozone levels. I always look forward to winter when I can enjoy the fresh air and being outdoors. It cannot come soon enough for me.
Marty
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:56 am

Skye, I could use some of your winter temps. I'm with Marty when it comes to the hot and humid weather we get in the summer. This has been a very hot and humid one so far and it started when we should have been having Spring weather. I don't do quilts, at least not the ones I have to sandwich together and quilt. I don't have the patience. I did hand stitch a quilt DSIL had that was falling apart. The binding was coming off.
Marty, so sorry you have been ill. Hope you don't tire yourself while finishing the wedding dress. Post pictures of it when you can as I'm sure it is beautiful.
I came down with a summer cold and it caused laryngitis starting on Saturday evening. It has been so hard not to talk. When I have the baby I generally talk non-stop to her while I'm holding her. Won't be doing much of that today. I may be doing some squeaking since that is all I can get out.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby cgmemphis on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:46 am

Hi! Yes, hot and humid here. Been dealing with a job transition which has detoured my sewing for the last several weeks. Starting to get back into the swing of things. Next project is a peasant blouse for summer made out of a multi-colored gauze. New pattern to me, so I traced the pattern and made the adjustments last night. Will cut out a muslin tonight to see if it fits well. Have a rehearsal dinner and wedding to attend in September, and I bought some material recently, so have to decide to make for the occasions.

Have fun, and to those under the weather, hope you feel better soon!
Hugs, Cheryl
cgmemphis

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:20 am

My hand has been bothering me so much that I have done no sewing. It is really hot outside, so I am staying inside a lot of the day. DS is working long hours so I don't get to drive anywhere much on mon. thru thurs. . This Sat. we have VBS all day. I am looking forward to that. I always volunteer for the crafts instead of a teaching unit. I am "The Crafty Lady" after all. am looking forward to Sat. We are using some of that new Duck Tape. Have y'all looked at the wild patterns available? They are fantastic ! ! The kids are gonna love this.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

Return to Where is everyone?