Computer Woes

Chat with your friends on SWU - this board is for non-sewing related posts.

Computer Woes

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:46 pm

My laptop is headed to the shop. I believe the fan motor broke. I'm using my phone to stay in touch ... Hubby and daughter are in Washington, DC. Hubby will be home on Sat. Daughter will be home for a short visit in Aug.
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Computer Woes

New postby pinecone on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:02 pm

grumble, grumble. Hope it is a quick fix. My phone came over on the ark, no internet connection.

piney
pinecone

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:41 pm

Both of you have cell phones.. I am one of 3 people left in the world who does not have one !! LOL
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby sewingrandma on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Libby, we would have been another of the 3 people in the world who didn't have a cell phone either if it hadn't been for DD#2. She got tired of trying to call us at home way back when we had a dial up connection for the computer so she got us a phone and put it on her plan. We are still on her plan and have a very basic phone. I think it gets used only when we are traveling.
Marty hope your laptop is in shipshape form soon. All our kids have the fancy phones and have half their life on them. I don't even know how to answer them when they ring and they ask me to answer when they visit!
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby pinecone on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Brockie, I have a Nokia with the pull up antenna when needed. I got my first cell when I was doing Girl Scouts and DH wanted me to have one when camping just in case. It was a bag phone with 10 minutes of talk time included....off to count my gray hair now. 8-) BTW, I still have dial-up for now and have my cell on.

piney
pinecone

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Went today and bought a new computer after receiving a refund from Office Depot for "lemon" Lenovo laptop. I got a Toshiba today with 8 GB memory/ 1 TB hard drive, I-7 processor, touch screen and mobile HD graphics. The model is #S55T-B5273NR. It was much more expensive but I like everything about it. Hubby picked it out for me. The only downside is that it doesn't have a DVD drive but hubby bought me an external DVD/Reader Writer so I should be good. He also bought me a laptop cooling mat which will help keep the laptop from overheating or burning up the fan motor. I haven't had any problem downloading my data so I am pleased. Hopefully, this week I can get photos of my latest sewing projects and get them downloaded.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby pinecone on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:13 pm

Glad to hear you got a refund and like the new computer much better. Enjoy learning how to operate it.

piney
pinecone

New postby cgmemphis on Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Good for you!
Hugs, Cheryl
cgmemphis

Return to Take a break