If you have not been posting, I REALLY MISS YOU!

Too quiet around here? Wondering why no one is posting? Post your existential musings here.

If you have not been posting, I REALLY MISS YOU!

New postby temom on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:59 pm

This note is for the folks that used to post and have not been posting. I know everyone is busy, but I want you to know that
I REALLY, TRULY MISS YOU! PLEASE COME BACK!
Thanks.
Theresa
Theresa
temom

Re: If you have not been posting, I REALLY MISS YOU!

New postby sewingmom on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Theresa, wish I could make sewing and conversing about it a priority! To much life overwhelming me right now. I am Finely on my supper break here at work. Life is not terrible for me but very full and demanding. I hope your life is going well. Happy sewing!
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:27 am

I try to post as often as I have something to chat about ... Right now, hubby pulled a neck & shoulder muscle so I'm the designated driver for physical therapy & doctor appointments for him as well as for myself. Also, am helping my daughter pack to move to Washington, DC where she will be in grad school. She leaves next week. I'm teaching sewing on Sat afternoons but haven't had much time to work on my own projects as I have 5-6 students. Am continuing to do alterations for church members too and will start a 16 & under class this fall. I do miss Lennie, Dorothy, Lori, and the others who were regulars. I keep up with Barb, Ticia, Carman, and a few others on Facebook.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:48 am

Like Marty, I post when I have something to post about. Having a busy summer. Went on holiday to go see grands and kids and sibs. Got back and took care of our elderly granddog. Have been trying to keep my garden growing so I'll have veggies to donate to the local plant a row. I have a ground hog that is making himself comfortable in my garden. Can't kill it and animal control won't help us and if we trap it can't relocate it!!! Took a short trip to visit some of the countries earliest settlements here. Always hated history growing up but suddenly I'm enjoying it! Still can't remember dates but am putting different battles and eras together better than I used to. I have been sewing, knitting and crocheting for the newborns and reading for my enjoyment.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby sewhappyrtr on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:59 am

I know I am guilty of not getting on here and posting things but it seems I do more mending of things then actual sewing of anything anymore... or altering... or I get stuck on something and then I get frustrated with it and then just step away from sewing for a long time... plus facebook seems to take my time plus the darn games on there take my time :D :D :D
its very easy to to get on facebook and look at things and post things it seems than on here.. I don't know why.. I am not computer saavy..
and it seems we have lost alot of people from here that used to be on here and that is sad.. it used to be very hopping with things people would do and make..
I still need to take pictures of the pot holders I made.. although they aren't anything fancy.. but they work fine for us. but they do seem a tad stiff.. maybe that was the lining stuff I used.. I don't know..
Karen
Walt Disney World.. the place I always want to be at !!
sewhappyrtr

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:13 am

I have so far been able to check in almost every day, but I don't sew every day so nothing to post about my sewing. I have been in one of those slumps about sewing. Also trouble with my car and taking a long time to get that resolved. Just gets me down, so I just read and then log off.. But I do check this site at least 6 days every week. BYW, I do NOT play those games on the computer. I learned from my 2 DS that they are VERY addictive, so I never started.. Biggest time wasters in the world, as far as I am concerned. And I am having to block people on Facebook that keep sending me messages about playing them. Some idiots just will not take no for an answer.. I still love sewing and serging and am doing my part and more for the needy in my community. I just do not want to toot my own horn too much. My Dad would not like it, and even though he's been gone a long time, I still try to be a person he would be proud of.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby sewhappyrtr on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:03 am

I do hope I am not sending you messages about playing games.. I try to only do it to those that I already play with
Karen
Walt Disney World.. the place I always want to be at !!
sewhappyrtr

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:23 pm

When I was playing games, you allow the game access to your friends' contact info. It's in the agreement when you sign up for a game. While you (personally) are not sending game requests, the system is. I block all games as I get a request and I don't play anymore. It's easier for me to block games than lose a friend.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby icetbear on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Hi Theresa,
I hope all is well with you this summer. I am down to the last three appliques you made for me of 'vehicles' in the workplace, fire engines etc. I am now sewing for our two granddaughters. I am also making a very girlie girl quilt for a niece-in-law, a nice change from boy themes ;)
Your son is in second year college? Your daughter is still very involved with choir?
I left the forum when the fun went away. A post by regular poster turned into a fiasco.I really enjoyed the monthly Bingo and the fun posts on hockey, dinner tonight etc.
I work full-time like so many others on this forum. Time for sewing is precious as is time for keeping in touch with far flung family. I don't have a long list of things I do for the church or community. I left the hyprocrisy of my church many years ago. Looking after my family is my first priority.
Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes. Take care.
icetbear

New postby sewingmom on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:12 pm

I had to leave FB because of the amount of time it was taking from necessary duties. I do miss being here more but it makes me miss sewing (slow night at work tonight).
have a good night folks.
sewingmom

Next

Return to Where is everyone?