Hellllooooo.........Kinda lonely around here lately.

Too quiet around here? Wondering why no one is posting? Post your existential musings here.

Hellllooooo.........Kinda lonely around here lately.

New postby lendube on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Guess everyone's off having fun! Let's see, Laura's in Oregon or at least on her way. Ann's off seeing her newest little bundle of joy granddaughter, Barb is off doing family stuff all week, and who knows what else others are doing. :think: :dance:

Here I sit by my lonesome waiting for the thunderstorm which seems imminent. It's so, so dark and the cooler breeze feels heavenly. Hope to get rain but you just never know. The weather folks were talking verga. It's the rain that dries up before it hits our atmosphere. :brick:

Done my have-to's for today. Couldn't vacuum. The roller wasn't rolling. Hmmmm. :think: It didn't seem stuck. Belt maybe? I'll let dh tinker with that when he gets back. He's off to the ocean settling things for his upcoming 10 day fishing trip come December.

Okay, about to work on my purse. It's coming along nicely, I think. Ooooooo, I hear thunder. Hope it's coming this way.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Re: Hellllooooo.........Kinda lonely around here lately.

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Lennie, this week has been an errand running week ... yesterday I left home at 12:15pm & got home at 10:20pm. It was a long afternoon & evening ... but filled with fun. We had a new person join our church on Sunday so I picked her up yesterday around 1pm & we went to my ASG's new neighborhood group that focuses on embroidery. We got there early & walked/rode around the store looking at Brother & Janome sewing/embroidery machines, notions, etc but nothing caught my interest. Heather is new to Memphis so it was fun introducing her to one of the dealers & then after the meeting, we went to Hancock Fabrics. She had lived in Hendersonville, NC for a number of years & worked at a large fabric store there. I ended up buying some gimp braid, a Vogue pattern #1132 and McCall's #5239. After taking Heather home, I picked up some supper & then headed to the ball park in Arlington, TN (about 20 miles from where I live) for our church's softball team. We won the game & had a lot of fun. I love being part of the softball team (scorekeeper) & to party with them after a win. For the season, we only lost 2 games & 4 times we had shut out wins. When I got home, I was exhausted so had to wind down & then went to bed before midnight.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby pinecone on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:45 pm

It is Summer time, summer time, sum, sum summer time......good thing you can't hear me sing. 8-)
Preparing for a wedding is fun/exciting/time consuming/fun.......
not to mention getting the summer display for the historical society ready and their yard sale too!!

piney
pinecone

New postby Pudge99 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:07 pm

I'm studying for a class that I start next week (the next level of training for Mgmt) and working my regular shifts. My darling teenage kids got me started on another useless game on Facebook. Last but surely not least I am making a second vest for the same person I made the last one for. Busy, busy, busy.
Gina
Pfaff 2040
Janome Mylock 134D
Singer Futura CE-100 w/ Autopunch
Husqvarna Viking 3D Sketch
Pudge99

New postby bridesmom on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Had a great thunderstorm in Yakima Wa last night, but very unproductive for rain. Which is good, we are on the bike. But it was fun watching the lightening.
I'm very excited as the Balloon Festival is next weekend here, yep, the big air balloons, it was one of the things I always wanted to see! Saturday next week is our last day and the festival starts Friday, so Friday is now booked. Tomorrow is the quilt show in Sisters, Sunday may thunderstorm, but I think we will head to the Lava caves. Lots to do around here!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby Magot on Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:43 am

Tony is away town pastoring at Latitude a big Music festival round here. The weather has been awful - the roads approaching the place are flooded out and it took him 5 hours to get on site. The cafe they were running was flooded yesterday but he is still having a good time. Sooooo while the cats away... I have been sewing!! I have nearly finished an orange and turquoise batik top for summer - pics soon, I just need to set in the sleeves and hem it now. It was a bit snug to start with so I took out the back darts and did my back neck adjustment and it is much better. A tunic with pin tucks in the front. That is my new technique - I like to try something new with each thing I make. Still have the borders to do on my big quilt but I wanted to do this before the holidays - Only one more week of school!!!!
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby lendube on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:03 am

Jan, that top sounds terrific. Just my style. Enjoy your time, you little mousie, you.

Laura, wish I could join you (just not on a bike!). Hope the weather doesn't interfere too much with what you want to do.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby sewingmom on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Laura, IT soounds like you know how to do the bike tour thing. DH and I need to take lessons from you.
sewingmom

New postby Mom of Six on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:54 pm

once I get through tomorrow life should slow down a little for a few weeks
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby momquilts on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:29 am

My life is just beginning to get crazy - the wedding is in 3 weeks! My dress is done and will be delivered today. Monday is mom/DD beach day. Tuesday I pick up DD's gown. Wednesday is practice hair day. Thurs - Sat will be normal days then Sunday I go to stay with DDIL while DS works 40 hours in 4 days. I think I'll be tired after that.

I still have to get the wedding programs ready for the printer, bake cookies for the favors and pack them into the bags, fill mason jars with the water beads to hold the flowers for the reception centerpieces and arrange the flowers for the parents' tables and then make 2 different garters for DD to wear.

OMG! DDIL's mother couldn't have scheduled her surgery at a worse time for me! I know she had to have it and really didn't have a choice when it was scheduled BUT I'm still going to go crazy!!!!!
momquilts

Next

Return to Where is everyone?