Boy, this place is like a ghost town lately.

Too quiet around here? Wondering why no one is posting? Post your existential musings here.

Re: Boy, this place is like a ghost town lately.

New postby HeyJudee on Sun May 23, 2010 9:08 am

Sounds like you've already moved Dorothy...just your stuff has to catch up with you...LOL Hope everything goes well!
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby DorothyL on Wed May 26, 2010 5:30 am

I'm here, along with all my stuff and some trash Wally forgot to throw away (of course those are the boxes on top of the pile). The coffee pot must be in box at the bottom of the pile.
I'm feeling very cranky but I did sleep well in my own bed last night.
Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby MartySews2 on Wed May 26, 2010 7:11 am

Dorothy, hope you get everything settled soon & can return to your machines. All is about the same here. Today is my "spa day" so I'm looking forward to that. Once a month I go to the salon & get a haircut, deep conditioning treatment, brows waxed, a scalp, neck & shoulder massage as well as a manicure & pedicure. It takes most of the day but that is how I pamper myself since I am retired because I never did any of this when I was employed. Now, after multiple heart failures, I do something special for myself.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby kaitlinnegan on Wed May 26, 2010 8:18 am

Every time I see this thread, I think it should be filled with discussion about how dead Sew What's Up is lately. ;)

I've been lurking in the shadows mostly these days, but have been keeping up with what all of you are posting.

So, Dorothy, does that mean the move is all done, and there's just unpacking left?

As for me, I'm running in a half marathon on Sunday. I hurt my ankle a couple weeks back, so it was questionable whether I would be able to run. It was a bummer since I had already registered and there are absolutely NO refunds or transfers of any kind, plus I was really looking forward to it and had worked really hard to be able to go the distance (13.1 miles). I took a week off running, and it felt mostly better. Over the last week I've been able to resume my normal running schedule again, pain-free. Of course, I'm just running the race for fun, but it would have been a shame to miss it. I'm so happy! :geek:
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby DorothyL on Wed May 26, 2010 9:28 am

So, Dorothy, does that mean the move is all done, and there's just unpacking left?

That's what it means. Wally is going back to clean rugs one day this weekend but I will stay here. Maybe I will be unpacked and able to sew by then (fat chance).
I think this is the worst move ever!
Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby Magot on Wed May 26, 2010 10:44 am

Did you get your new running outfit made, Kaitlin?

Welcome to your new home Dorothy. Hope Lucy settles in quick.
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby DorothyL on Wed May 26, 2010 11:19 am

Lucy was fine as soon as her favorite chair arrived.
I, on the other hand, amd burning out fast.
I've made some real progress in the kitchen though. But now I have so many empty boxes and garbage it's hard to get around.
I have a story deadline tomorrow. I think this is the first time I saw a deadline as a relief.
Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby momquilts on Wed May 26, 2010 11:59 am

Wow Dorothy, good thing there is no hockey until the weekend. That gives you a few extra hours to maybe unload another box.

This is my final personal day, I have to go back to school tomorrow. :( At least its only 2 days and then a long weekend.

My parents needed a ride to take the pool water to be analyzed. I took them and got brunch out of it. While there my sister called the cell from her vacation in Florida. Nephew's live-in GF's father was killed in car accident yesterday. This has cast a pall over my fun day. I haven't gotten anything done at home at all. Nephew is not handling this well. I'm at a loss as what to do for him. I sent him a text telling him I was here if he needed me but he's the macho type who would never ask for help. He would take it if I knew what to do but would never ask. All I can do right now is pray for them.

On a brighter note - we had DGS for 2 days and enjoyed him thoroughly. Monday we spent with the great-grandparents and yesterday we took him to the zoo. He was an angel and appeared to enjoy the animals. He slept the whole ride back to his house and seemed very happy to see his mommy when we got him home. I can't wait until summer to be able to spend more time with him (his daddy, aunt and I all work in schools are have summers off).
momquilts

New postby lendube on Wed May 26, 2010 5:18 pm

kaitlinnegan wrote:Every time I see this thread, I think it should be filled with discussion about how dead Sew What's Up is lately. ;)

Well that is the reason for the thread. Sometimes for days there's hardly a new post and I can't keep my trap shut that long so I've posted something like this or the "What's for dinner? How's the weather?" kind of thing for that reason.

Boy, how I admire your wanting to run. Waaaay too ambitious for me. I'm such a slug but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you have a good run in good weather with no injuries to keep you from doing your best. Go Kaitlin!

DorothyL wrote:I think this is the worst move ever! Dorothy

What made this one particularly bad, Dorothy? Moves are NEVER fun. I counted once. I've moved 17 times in my life. I wonder what average would be for a person....... :think:
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby Pudge99 on Wed May 26, 2010 7:52 pm

I counted my moves and I have only moved 7 times. Seems weird being a military spouse but we had long duty stations. I'm on my worst move ever too, Dorothy. I still haven't settled and we've been here since December.
Gina
Pfaff 2040
Janome Mylock 134D
Singer Futura CE-100 w/ Autopunch
Husqvarna Viking 3D Sketch
Pudge99

PreviousNext

Return to Where is everyone?