Hi all, its been too long

Too quiet around here? Wondering why no one is posting? Post your existential musings here.

Hi all, its been too long

New postby sewhappyrtr on Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi all, its been too long that I have been on here. I meant to get on when Marty told me about our past member who passed away and forgot, and today I was researching about ironing fleece and a post from here showed up on Google and I thought, dang it I need to go check in and see what is going on. Its so easy to keep in touch with the others on Facebook that I so rarely think about coming here, but I need to make more of an effort to stay in touch here. So,, Hi to everyone, past and current and new members. How the heck are you. :D :D :D
Karen
Walt Disney World.. the place I always want to be at !!
sewhappyrtr

Re: Hi all, its been too long

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:51 pm

Welcome back Karen. It is good to hear from you. I am a little under the weather right now, but still serging and sewing for my favorite group, Military families. Right now its stockings to stuff for the troops in Afghanistan, then baby bibs for the traveling families that visit the USO Suite at our airport during the Christmas travel time. I have to go to KMart to get some more Christmas fingertip towels for the Bibs, I do not have enough of them yet.
Glad you stopped by, don't be a sranger.. LOL
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby sewhappyrtr on Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:30 pm

I'm glad you still have a Kmart around you, Libby, I did always like shopping at those. We have one about 15 miles away, but I just don't seem to get to it like I do the Wally world, and I really don't like Wally world at all. I seem to go more to Big lots or Dollar General, but then I don't really shop for kids or babies anymore. I think I heard about your "under the weather" on Facebook, glad you can make light of it, sounded awful. I am embroidering on squares for a king-size quilt for me and hubby, one project, embroidering squares for a Christmas present for DS's girlfriend (going to then zigzag those onto a fleece blanket) in between making other Christmas presents and Christmas decorations, I always have an idea for something, whether or not it gets done in time . My sister likes embroidered kitchen towels so I may do some for her for Christmas, will have to see how much time I have. I worry about our world and everything happening across the "pond" and just wish someone would come to their senses and stop all this useless fighting, I worry for my son and hope he can grow old and have children and grandchildren and that this world won't stop turning... Oh, well that is enough for me to be melancholy for now. ;) :D
Karen
sewhappyrtr

New postby sewingmom on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:33 pm

Karen, Good to see your post.
Hmm, Libby, you goin' to be ok??
I sure miss sewin' !
Wish Ronnie would get where He didn't need so much speech therapy so I could sew when at home from work.
Well, 'nuff said about that, Karen, I agree with you about the world situation. Hope we can all hang tuff till someone gets some common sense and stops all the fussin' and feudin'
sewingmom

New postby sewingrandma on Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:26 am

Hey, Karen, great to see you visiting again. Hope you can visit more often. I'm one of a very small fraction of the world who doesn't have a FB page so this is where I keep up with everyone and get all my sewing questions answered. We may be a small group now but everyone has a lot of knowledge to share.
I'm watching our youngest grandchild now, she just turned 19 months. Keeps me busy. I'm still sewing for charity when I can find the time, mostly when Abby is sleeping which isn't often now. I did make my DB some shirts and am working on a sweater for him since he is hard to find RTW clothes that fit due to health issues. I'm with you shopping at Dollar General and Big Lots. I also like Ollies and go when I can. Wally World just doesn't have the best prices any longer.
I'm with all of you wondering what the future will hold for the younger generations. Crazy world we live in. Wish everyone would get the live and let live attitude. We weren't all made from the same mold and we all have different personalities and beliefs and if everyone would just remember that and be tolerant of it the world would be more peaceful.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby sewhappyrtr on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:54 am

I hate to talk politics but I guess I remember a simpler time and just wish it could go back, we don't all need the latest, best-est, brightest, newest, whatever in the world all the time...
But it seems the 20's somethings and olders have that mindset and even some of their grandparents buy everything under the sun for the grand kids, and the toys break, and the kids just expect things to be replaced.
Where hubby and me work, its sad because the toys the POS director buys are all made in third world countries and fall apart if you look at them wrong, and the kids just throw things around, they don't care, and the parents don't make the kids care or mind, the parents are just trying to make ends meet,.. oh I could go on and on, but I won't !! :D :D :D

I am going to a sewing thingy at my sewing machine shop in December where a lady from a Facebook group is coming to show about making one of her items, its Embroidery Garden Reen Wilcoxsen if anyone knows her, I'm excited to go, I went to a Anita Goodesign thing 2 years ago shortly after I got my current machine but haven't gone to anything like this since. I will get to sew on a Brother Dream machine.. how exciting!!! :D :D
Karen
sewhappyrtr

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:41 am

If I had been yonger when Embroidery Machines came out, I would hve one, but I just did not see putting all that moneyin another machine at my age. My Sister who is 15 years yonger than I am is one of those spendthrifts on each new trinket that comes out. She does not sew, but anything for a computer she has and all that stuff. I could live a rich life if I had her income. LOL I am happy with my life .
Karen,I have to go to a neighboring town to get to a KMart. There are 3 withing 20 miles of me, but none in Charlotte. The nearest one is at Pineville which our southern border almost touches their border now, but the traffic down tere is sooooo bad. I would rather go to the one north or the one east of me. They are about 5 miles further away buy a lot better drive for either one.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:57 am

Hi Karen,
Glad to see you back in the group. I know that we keep up via Facebook but I still love this groups and the friends that I have made here. You will love Embroidery Garden. They have the cutest design for snowballs to make. Harriet, who is on the group, is making them for her granddaughter. I want to make some for my great nephews. I think that they would love them. From the reviews, they are easy to make. Be sure to pop back in and tell us about your sewing event. I have all of the machines that I can house right now. My wish is to have a larger embroidery machine but with the home renovations that we did this past summer, it won't be any time soon. I will be starting after the first of the year in making clerical wear as my daughter will need stoles, robes and albs plus some collars to wear when she graduates.

As far as the news, I rarely watch it. I keep up with what's going on via the NY Times. I just believe as long as we follow Christ in doing all of the good that we can, help those in need, offer food, clothing and shelter, show God's love to everyone, then we are doing as Christ called us to do. Most of all pray for peace and pray for those who are impacted by the violence and conflict around the world.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewhappyrtr on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:55 am

I need that tutorial again on posting photos, wish I could do it from my phone, that's where all my pictures are.
Karen
sewhappyrtr

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:58 am

Karen, all of my photos are coming from my phone. I just send them to my email address, open the email, save them to my hard drive and then post them. I can automatically size them in my phone. It about 5 minutes or less to do this. My daughter taught me how to do this when I got my I-phone 2 yrs ago. The principle should work with any type of phone with a camera and internet connection.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Return to Where is everyone?