Page 3 of 4

Re: King Sized Double Wedding Ring Quilt

New postPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:42 pm
by momquilts
HeyJudee wrote:
momquilts wrote:I am keeping a quilt journal on this one and get excited with each entry in the notebook. :)

That's gonna be great...especially for when you make the next KSDWR... ;)


There will be NO MORE KSDWR quilts! One and done! This journal is mainly to see how long it takes to make the top and then quilt it if I decide to hand quilt. It's secondary purpose is to keep me motivated to work on the quilt EVERY day. I have a tendancy to begin a project, get bored and then put it aside to finish 'some day'. Don't have the luxury of doing that on this project as there is a time limit of sorts.

Re: King Sized Double Wedding Ring Quilt

New postPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:15 pm
by HeyJudee
momquilts wrote: I have a tendancy to begin a project, get bored and then put it aside to finish 'some day'.

Join the boat...(and I'm not meaning a cruise ship ;) )

Re: King Sized Double Wedding Ring Quilt

New postPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:27 pm
by bridesmom
momquilts wrote:
HeyJudee wrote:
momquilts wrote:I am keeping a quilt journal on this one and get excited with each entry in the notebook. :)

That's gonna be great...especially for when you make the next KSDWR... ;)


There will be NO MORE KSDWR quilts! One and done! This journal is mainly to see how long it takes to make the top and then quilt it if I decide to hand quilt. It's secondary purpose is to keep me motivated to work on the quilt EVERY day. I have a tendancy to begin a project, get bored and then put it aside to finish 'some day'. Don't have the luxury of doing that on this project as there is a time limit of sorts.


I will remind you of this if and when you comment one day that you want to make a king size quilt. And you remind me! Ok!! No More King Quilts.

Re: King Sized Double Wedding Ring Quilt

New postPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:49 am
by momquilts
I may make another king size quilt again but it WILL NOT be a double wedding ring! Five years ago I made a king size for DS & DDIL's wedding but it was square blocks with appliqued leaves on it. Luckily I did fusible with machine decorative stitching but it still took me forever.

I figured the approximate cost of having this monster long arm quilted...do not think it will be an option as it will cost close to $300. I don't think that will be in the budget when the time comes so I better get moving and give myself "quilting" time!
To the machine I go....

Re: King Sized Double Wedding Ring Quilt

New postPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:02 pm
by momquilts
I am working on row 3 of the KSDWRQ. Rows 1 & 2 are together and with a good pressing, will look pretty darn good, if I say so myself! I really need my iron but I'm not allowed to lift over 5 pounds so it will have to wait until DH gets home from work. I'm not sure how heavy the iron is, but it's not worth taking the chance.

I had surgery last Wednesday and will be off work for the next 7 weeks, so you may see me on the boards at different times of the day.

OK, back to the sewing table and the wooden roller in place of the iron. ;) ;)

Re: King Sized Double Wedding Ring Quilt

New postPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:39 pm
by HeyJudee
Making great progress I see. Sorry about not being able to lift the iron...but do take care. Good luck & hope things continue to progress... :applause:

New postPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:29 pm
by bridesmom
Well the bonus is the time off, even with having to take it easy!! Sounds like great progress on the KSDWRQ. Take it easy and heal!

Re: King Sized Double Wedding Ring Quilt

New postPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:47 pm
by lendube
How terrific. I'm just glad you can do as much as you're doing. And just imagine how gorgeous it'll be when you do iron it up??

Re: King Sized Double Wedding Ring Quilt

New postPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:37 pm
by sewingmom
Momquilts, I am happy for you that you can sit and sew while you heal. Be sure you take lots of breaks to get up and move around. Great progress on the quilt.

Re: King Sized Double Wedding Ring Quilt

New postPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:54 am
by momquilts
sewingmom wrote:Momquilts, I am happy for you that you can sit and sew while you heal. Be sure you take lots of breaks to get up and move around. Great progress on the quilt.


I have to get up and take breaks....the meds I'm on make sure of that. :oops: Luckily the bathroom is across the hall from the sewing room so it's not a far walk, just enough to make me move.