April 2018

What sewing projects are you working on?

April 2018

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:25 pm

The year is almost 1/4 over ... Here it is already the middle of April and I haven't finished one project yet this month.
Marty :(
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: April 2018

New postby sewingrandma on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:33 am

I go like that at times too Marty, not completing or even starting a project for weeks on end. I've learned if I don't feel the urge to sew I'll mess something up if I force myself to sew.
This month I've been busy sewing up a storm. DH has been working (tax preparer) since Jan. and the last 2 weeks he has been working 12-14 hours a day and won't have a day off until the 17th. I tend to do a lot of sewing when he is out of the house. I've made totes, and lots of baby things. I've really been having fun with the preemie clothes/gowns. They are so small it only takes a few minutes to complete. The patterns I've found and had pointed out to me (thanks Marty) are so much closer in size than the big 4 so called preemie clothing. I actually found some sets at Walmart on clearance (is anyone else's WM rearranging and clearing out stuff the way the ones locally are doing? I've been finding lots of good clearance deals for baby gear.) so I bought a few to compare measurements and the online patterns are spot on for fit.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby sewingrandma on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:57 am

Haven't been sewing since my last burst of energy. DH has finished working for this tax season. I have cut out many totes and clothing sets but just haven't had the oomph to sit at the machine and actually sew.
How is everyone? Looks like we might get some spring weather after all. The grass has been growing but there is something wrong when you have to wear a coat and hat while mowing!
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Working on some alterations for my next door neighbor taking up the waist in some new pants by 3 inches. I was so pleased that I nailed the fit on the first try. It has been a busy month with doctor appts and activities at church. I have been to 3 bridal showers this month for a sweet young friend who is like a daughter to us. Today, was the bridal shower that I gave her ... I embroidered a set of 12 napkins with her favorite flower - a Daisy. It's an Elsa Goussard design that I got in a CD back around 2004. Elsa is from Johannesburg, South Africa and was visiting in Memphis at that time. Her designs are so beautifully detailed. Anyway, it was a fun project and our sweet friend loved the set of napkins. Now, I am exhausted.

April 2018 Wedding Gift.jpg
April 2018 Wedding Gift.jpg (146.88 KB) Viewed 1364 times

Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Return to Current Sewing Projects