March 2018

What sewing projects are you working on?

March 2018

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:59 pm

Today, I'm embroidering 12 dinner napkins for a close friend's 70th birthday celebration tomorrow. I bought khaki linen/poly blend napkins from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I chose a daffodil design from Nancy Zieman's collection on my Babylock Ellisimo machine. I had originally downloaded some daffodils from Embroidery Online's website but it was poorly digitized. So I found this one. Here is one of the napkins.

2018 Diane's BD gift.jpg
2018 Diane's BD gift.jpg (133.5 KB) Viewed 2861 times

Marty ;)
Last edited by MartySews2 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: March 2018

New postby sewingrandma on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:35 pm

Very pretty Marty. I have daffodils blossoming in my garden. I can see them every time I wash dishes and they just seem to brighten my day.
I'm still sewing preemie gowns and sleepers. So small.
Having bad winds today and power has been off and on most of the day. I didn't dare use my computerized machines so pulled out my old mechanical machine that I've had since 1972. Still worked like a charm------until something started smoking. I took it apart and it looks like a resistor burned up. DH is trying to find an old machine for parts. I've been looking on ebay lately and found a new serger I'd like to get and now today I found another sewing machine I would like to have. I've run out of room in my sewing room so will be content with the machines I have for now, though I would like to get my old machine repaired.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby Skye on Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:45 pm

Lovely Marty.

Bridesmaid came to try on her dress on Saturday she has lost a significant amount of weight. No time to do the alterations argh....! She is going to have room for dinner plus a bit. So annoying that she didn't tell me two weeks ago. It is what it is sigh :brick:
Skye

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:45 am

Skye, that is so frustrating. So sorry that this girl's short sightedness is causing you a headache. (((HUGS))) When is the wedding?
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby Skye on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:52 am

The wedding is this Saturday.
We live in city DD has chosen a rural country community hall. Lots of stuff to transport a hours travel.
We have hired a beach front holiday house for the weekend.
Should be a lovely day to share with friends and family.
Got blisters ironing and prefolding the table napkins tonight done half will do the rest tomorrow down in my sewing room where I have a steam station iron which will be easier to use.
Skye

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:49 pm

Worked with my sewing guild ladies and we made about 30 pillows for the homeless on Saturday. We were making them using assembly line style. Several ladies cut the fabric, another few sewed them together, I serged the edges to prevent ravelling and another group stuffed the pillows. Then a few ladies sewed the openings shut. After the blessing of the pillows on March 18th, I'm giving them to The Room in the Inn to distribute to those who live on the street. The goal is to make 200 pillows by the end of the year. Two weeks ago, we completed 11 pillows so we will have 40 to donate. I have about 10 pillows to be serged right now. Also, am working on Easter dresses for the impoverished children at Sherwood Elementary. Both projects are due March 24th. Tomorrow, I'm going to a group sew-in to make a top for me. Yeah, I need a new top and want to spend a little time sewing for me.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:42 pm

We have 46 pillows made ... 10 are waiting to be stuffed. Right now, I'm working on an Easter dress for a child in an inner city school.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:40 am

Here's a pic of some of the pillows on the altar where they were blessed during our worship service last Sunday. Prayer shawls that were knitted or crocheted were blessed too. Those will be given to our homebound members. The non-profit, Room in the Inn, will distribute the pillows to those who live on the streets of Memphis. By the way, I serged the edges of all of the pillows.

2018 Pillows for the Homeless with Prayer Shawls.jpg
2018 Pillows for the Homeless with Prayer Shawls.jpg (104.26 KB) Viewed 4225 times

Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:45 am

Skye, how was the wedding? Beautiful I bet. Have you had a chance to relax yet?
Marty, you've been busy.
I keep plugging along with sewing tote bags, baby outfits, blankets and all the other things I sew for the babies in need.
Went to Joann's yesterday since flannel was 60%off, plus 20% off total purchase coupon. I didn't need much, basically all I needed was the solid colors that I use to line the bibs and burp cloths.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:00 pm

I've serged over 50 pillows since February ... I did 18 pillows this past Saturday. Also was busy making an Easter dress for a child in an impoverished inner city school. It's not perfect as I did not allow space for the top of the zipper. However, today was my deadline and I had a little less than 2 weeks to get it made.

2018 Easter Dress.jpg
2018 Easter Dress.jpg (75 KB) Viewed 2758 times

Marty ;)
MartySews2

Next

Return to Current Sewing Projects