March 2018

What sewing projects are you working on?

Re: March 2018

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:03 pm

Hey Brockie, found some patterns for preemie boy clothes and for a onesie? Are you interested? If so, I'll post the websites where there are free downloads.

Working on making the Piazza Jacket by Loes Hinse for me for Easter. I was going to use an aqua linen fabric that would have allowed me to make a skirt plus the jacket but I found a piece of violet jersey that will make a lovely jacket. I will wear it with a black skirt and top. Violet is the "pantone" color of the year for 2018. I'm adding a bit of embroidery to make it extra special. Fortunately, the jacket is not lined so it's an easy sew on the serger ... only 5 pieces ... Jacket front, side front, back, sleeve and facing. There's only 1 buttonhole at the waist.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:46 pm

Yes, I'm interested in patterns for preemies. I've got a couple of patterns but would like to have a few more. I'd like to find a diaper cover, one that looks like a pantie instead of the one with tabs at the waist. All the free patterns I've found require putting in personal info and I don't like to do that. Thanks for thinking of me Marty.

Did you finish your jacket for Easter? I bought the McCalls pattern that Nancy Zeiman did on her show a few months ago. Easy, no lining, self fabric front facing and best of all made out of a knit. The pattern also has a shell, pants and if I remember right a skirt.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:36 pm

No, I didn't finish my jacket for Easter. My BP skyrocketed and I was put on bed rest. I am fine and will probably have it finished for Mother's Day. I have several projects in the works right now. Here are the links ... http://prefold2fitted.blogspot.com/2013 ... sters.html ... Diaper covers ... Template 1 is for size for 3-4.5 pounds and Template 2 is for size 4-6 pounds. http://warmheartswarmbabies.org/wp-cont ... -Pants.pdf ... sweat pants for boys ... https://www.pinterest.com/pin/554083560394321853 ... cocoon bunting and angel pockets ... Hope this helps!!!
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:10 am

Thanks for the links Marty. I'm going to see if I can alter the sweat pants pattern into a diaper cover/pantie. I've got a cute dress but it really needs a pair of panties/bloomers to go with it. There are a lot of pictures out there of cute preemie clothes but I can't seem to find the patterns to go with them. I have what the big 4 pattern companies call preemie sizes (up to 7#) from them but they are still too large for what I'm looking for (4-5#).
Brockie
sewingrandma

Previous

Return to Current Sewing Projects