February 2018

What sewing projects are you working on?

February 2018

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:31 am

Finally, I have finished 2 of the 10 table linens that I am making for family members. Very belated Christmas gifts. They are drying right now and I will post pics once they have been starched and ironed. I'm very pleased with how they have turned out. I only have 2 more to do the hand stitching on but each of them have more than 20 lace pieces to put together. It is very time consuming. I hope to finish my Christmas gifts by the end of the month. I have also worked on some mending for the guy who sold us our new van. The back vent to his winter jacket had a rip and it needs a button replaced. Then I worked on a pair of pants for me.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: February 2018

New postby Skye on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:53 am

Looking forward to seeing photos.

I am sewing abridesmaid dress for DD wedding. Today cut out toille for a dress for DD for work once that's done a dress for her to wear to bbq the day after her wedding.

Then I have to make 400 Meters of bunting these are part of the wedding decorations. Made DD cut the bunting and I have bought white tape that Iwillrun through my single fold binder to string them together.
So lots of time at the sewing room. :D
Skye

New postby MartySews2 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:47 pm

How exciting for you in preparing for your daughter's wedding. Sounds wonderful. Please post a pic of the dress when done.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Glad you are able to make progress on your lace gifts. I sure couldn't do all that hand sewing to put them together. I can't feel the needles/thread like I used to so it really is hard for me to do.
Skye do enjoy making all the things you have planned for your DDs wedding. I helped DD#2 make gifts for her guests and that took some time and patience.
I've been sewing preemie gowns and sleepers today. I've never attempted preemie sizes before and they sure take patience and I have to really watch what I'm doing putting on the cuffs and neckline binding. I found the patterns for free on line and printed them out this morning and got stitching this afternoon. The hospital has requested more preemie clothing for parents to take home since more preemies are being born lately.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby sewingrandma on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:50 pm

Has anyone seen the last 2 Sewing with Nancy shows? They were using embroidery machines to quilt blocks, runners and quilts. So pretty but alas making quilts isn't for my. No patience for all that cutting.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:47 am

I go to the PBS website to watch her shows; however, I have not seen these 2 programs. Guess, since I'm not a quilter, they don't sound interesting. I use my embroidery machine a lot. In a little over 7 years, I have put over 15 million embroidery stitches on my machine and I have not counted the ones on my smaller embroidery machine. I love doing machine embroidery. Am still slowly working on the 2017 Christmas gifts. Hoping to finish by Easter now. For Christmas 2018, there will be holiday napkins for family members as the theme. Much less expensive and easier to stitch.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:16 pm

Sewing today was pillows for the homeless. My Sit & Sew Ministry thru my church has partnered with the Memphis Chapter of the American Sewing Guild to make pillows for the homeless who sleep on the streets. Our goal is to make 200 pillows by December. We got off to a good start today with 11 pillows completed and 12 more waiting to be completed as they just need to be stuffed. It was a fun afternoon. Tonight, it's back to working on Christmas 2017 gifts. At least I feel as if something has been accomplished. YAY!!!
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby Skye on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:57 am

I made 400metres of bunting for DD wedding over the weekend. Safest thing for me to do as I have a viral infection and not feeling too bright eyed and bushy tailed.
I used my single fold binder and 15mm white tape. DD had cut all the fabric took 7 hours of sewing not that I kept tabs or anything v :D
Skye

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:55 pm

Still hand sewing the lace pieces together to finish my table linens. Slow progress!!!
Marty ;)
MartySews2

Return to Current Sewing Projects