Dec 2017

What sewing projects are you working on?

Dec 2017

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:56 pm

Working on project #3 ... Hubby went and purchased more Madeira rayon embroidery thread for me today and I had to order some on Amazon since my dealer doesn't carry the color that I wanted for another project. Pics will be posted later.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Dec 2017

New postby sewingrandma on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:45 am

Marty, hope you are feeling better and following doctors orders.

How are your projects coming along. The lace looks beautiful. Isn't it great to have a DH that is willing to go out and purchase crafting supplies for you? My DH has been known to go out and buy fabric for me when I was busy.

I've been busy cutting out lots of baby items this week getting ready to sit down and sew in a few days.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Finishing up Project #4 ... All supplies have been purchased and I'm waiting for one Thread order to arrive. Hopefully, it will get here on Monday. Still have to shop for hubby and for our daughter. They will be online purchases as I'm not well enough to get outdoors. In fact, I am home bound until after the first of January. Three days in the hospital really put me behind on my sewing for Christmas.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Here it is a week before Christmas and I haven't finished stitching the lace for the 10 projects that I have. I am on the last one. The next step is to hand stitch all of the lace pieces together to form either a rectangle or oval shape. Once that is finished, then I have to lay the lace shapes onto the linen and cut out the fabric. When that is done, then I will serge all of the linen to keep it from raveling. The final step is to stitch the lace onto the linen fabric. I still have an embroidered pillow, 2 pillowcases and 2 sock monkeys to make; plus embroider a top for my young niece. I'll be lucky to finish by New Year's. I don't have any decorations up and have not finished my cards. The week of being hospitalized and the subsequent doctor appts have really put me behind this year on gifts. Hope y'all are having a great pre-Christmas week.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:50 am

All of the lace is finally stitched and now the hand sewing begins from the wrong side with 3 or 4 joining stitches on each piece of lace. Hopefully, this will go quickly and I can be finished by the time Christmas Eve is here. I'm being realistic in that it will be the middle of January before these projects are done. Oh well, Merry Christmas and blessings for the New Year!!!
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:38 am

Don't push yourself Marty. Family will understand if you don't finish until next year, your health is more important to them.
May every one have a peaceful and healthy Holiday season and New Year.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:34 am

Thank you, Brockie, I'm still in a holding pattern as I have not begun the hand stitching. I've had some other things to do. I did bake a cake for my next door neighbor, two cakes for my daughter to share with co-workers and friends, one for my cardiologist and staff plus one for my closest friend and his wife. I am still looking for the socks for the sock monkeys. Tonight, my daughter is trying to clear a spot on hubby's desk to put up a small 3ft tree that I bought. There is no room for my lovely 7ft tree. Maybe it will be up for Christmas Eve. Working on cards now as I slept earlier and am wide awake. Merry Christmas sweet friends.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

Return to Current Sewing Projects