September sewing

What sewing projects are you working on?

September sewing

New postby sewingrandma on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Newborns in Need is collecting sleepers in September for the coming cold months not just for newborns but for up to age 4. So far I've made 14 sleepers and buntings. I've spent many hours at my machines so far and more to look forward to. Yesterday I made 3 tote bags. A member gave me 3 rolls of upholstery fabric for them.

My local Joann's is moving, only 5 miles down the road but it is into a very busy traffic wise location. Visited the old location today and they have many clearance items that they just don't want to move, all patterns were $1.99 and much of the fabric left was at least 50% off. A sign on the door said they weren't taking coupons but every customer ahead of me and including me used them on what we could! Last week I traveled an hour to get to the another store in order to get the sale items and use my coupons to restock my flannel and knits. The local store didn't get any of the new sale items because of their move.

Prayers for those affected by Harvey and Irma.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Re: September sewing

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:57 pm

The only sewing that I did this week was to hem some shorts for my daughter. I am doing more teaching sewing classes and using a serger plus an embroidery machine that I have not sewn much for myself.

Lots of stress with an irresponsible contractor in trying to get a new fence for our backyard. It's in a partial state of construction and Max has lost his playground. We paid 1/2 down ($3400) in cash and one side of the fence and the gates were removed. No other work than 2 days in which he put up about 1/8 of the fence. Lots of doctor appts plus am helping one of our church members from Liberia to get into the local community college.

I did buy 7 Craftsy classes on Labor Day (free to watch on that day) and the day after when all classes were under $20. I think that I got some really good ones. How are you celebrating National Sewing Month?
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Return to Current Sewing Projects