July 2017

What sewing projects are you working on?

July 2017

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:39 am

Have worked on embroidering some aprons for a church member. Managed to get 3 pairs of pants cut out for me plus a top. Still not back in the rhythm of sewing every day. What is everyone else sewing?
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: July 2017

New postby sewingrandma on Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:16 am

I've been making Christmas print bibs for our Christmas in July meeting. So far I've made 30. I've also put together 3 tote bags. I've made so many of these and have improved on the original pattern that I want some for myself.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby Skye on Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:16 am

I have finished a 100"x100" quilt top for DS wedding. I was going to quilt it myself but the size and time available was daunting so took it to a longarmer yesterday. So hard giving control to someone else.
Have been making bridesmaid dress which has bodice with lace overlay. I thread traced the seams on the lace and tracing carbon to mark the seams on the very nasty poly chiffon fabric which has a mind of its own. On the home straight now another day in the sewing cave then I can hang it for the hem to drop.

DD and her partner dropped off their puppy to play with our dogs while they went to movies. They also announced that they were engaged : :D :applause: we are so happy with their news.

Storm raging here for past 24hrs 120km/HR winds which not too bad as many parts country have declared states emergency with army out helping evacuated people due to flooding.
Skye

New postby sewingrandma on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:44 am

Sounds like you've been busy making a quilt top. How long did it take you? Will pics follow? I love to look at quilts but I'm just not a quilt maker.

I follow the blog of a lady that alters brides dresses and you should read how much she detests poly anything. She had altered some beautiful dress, antique ones too and some ugly ones where you think 'what was the bride thinking' when she selected it.

Congrats to your DD and partner.

Hope you avoided damage due to the storms you had. Weather certainly has been crazy all over the world this year. We've had record breaking heat this summer. I'm ready for winter and it isn't even August yet, generally our hottest time of the year here. Last evening after storms went thru we had a complete rainbow/we could see the entire arch of the rainbow from horizon to horizon. Absolutely beautiful. To top it off there was a partial rainbow next to it that went halfway to the top of the arch of the first. Haven't seen rainbows like that in ages.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi Skye, congrats to your daughter on her engagement. How fun it will be to plan a wedding. Still not sewing on my end. This last surgery (a month ago) has really wiped me out and the incision is not healing very well. On top of that, I burned my stomach with a hideous replica of the grid from my laptop. It hurts and actually has little blisters. No fun at all. Watching Project Runway, Season 14 on Hulu for inspiration.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Return to Current Sewing Projects