April 2017

What sewing projects are you working on?

April 2017

New postby sewingrandma on Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:28 am

I'm making light weight blankets still using 2 layers of woven cottons. They are turning out really cute and so far all of them have been used with stash. It takes about 2 yards to complete so I'm really going thru my stash. DH is happy about that. I did pick up 5 yards of a cotton blend on Saturday that is white with wide bright orange zig zags. Haven't used it yet but do have some pieces in my stash that will look good with it.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Re: April 2017

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Sounds wonderful Brockie. I've got 2 more Easter dresses cut out and will try to have them done by Sunday, the deadline date to turn them in.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:20 am

Working on some mending and more children's clothing but nothing to show right now. Am preparing space for my new machine that I am buying in May. It is a Babylock Valiant ... multi-needle embroidery machine. I am very excited ... Next weekend, I'm taking a class with Londa Rohlfing, a national educator, who is known for her sweatshirt make-overs and knit tops. Then the first week of May, I'm going to a serger retreat about 100 miles away. It will be a mini-vacation for me ... 3 days and 2 nights without any family responsibilities, sewing all day with friends and learning new tips and tricks of things that I can do with my serger.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:20 am

How wonderful for you Marty to have a mini vacation spent sewing. Have a great time.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Return to Current Sewing Projects