Feb 2017

What sewing projects are you working on?

Feb 2017

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:48 pm

No sewing right now ... Have another respiratory infection. I did have 5 of my sewing books spiral bound with front and back laminated. Kinkos-FedEx did these for $8.99 per book. They did a very good job with no cutting into the words or photos. I am very pleased. Looking forward to having more sewing books done.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Feb 2017

New postby sewingrandma on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:25 am

I didn't know it was possible to have books made into spiral bound. I have a couple of often used books in my sewing room that would be ideal as spiral bound. I'll have to look around for a Kinkos here.
Have just finished up a week of being our youngest grandchild's caregiver. Whew, what a week.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby sewhappyrtr on Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:05 pm

That's a great idea.
Karen
Walt Disney World.. the place I always want to be at !!
sewhappyrtr

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:40 pm

Started to work on dresses for little girls (under age 12) at Sherwood Elementary School. This is an annual project of the United Methodist Women. I love making pretty little girl dresses. Also, have to shorten some jeans 6 inches for my daughter and I hope that I can have time to make something for myself.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:45 pm

Worked on children's clothing today at Sit & Sew classes. One little girl's dress totally finished. Another dress just needs the hem. The third dress needs to finish sewing in the zipper and hemming and the fourth dress needs the hem, pockets sewn on, buttons and buttonholes plus lace trim on sleeves and pockets. Lots of progress on these little dresses. Thanks to my sewing friends for helping with this project.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:42 am

You've been very busy Marty. I think I finally got my sewing mojo back. I've been sick since before Thanksgiving with one thing or another and still am not 100% but I'm going to plow on. This week I've made 4 tote bags, 2 of them lined, and 3 baby changing pads with a diaper pouch on them. I have never worked with PUL fabric before and I think as soon as I'm finished with this lot I won't use it again. I had to use my walking foot plus tissue paper between the fabric and feed dogs as it sticks to everything. It also stretches out of shape when you are trying to sew it to a non-stretchy fabric. You can't pin it except in the seam allowances and I don't have a Teflon foot for my serger. Trying to make the pad as easy as possible I serged around the outside instead of stitching and turning. Can't press it very easily either.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:59 am

Oh Brockie, that sounds like a nightmare to use. So glad that you are feeling better and are almost done with it. Still at a "stuck" place regarding shortening the jeans and finishing the dresses. With 3 major bronchial infections since before Christmas, my body hasn't fully recovered so I'm moving at a very slow pace. Look forward to seeing some pics of what everyone is sewing.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:35 am

Finally, I'm sewing on a regular basis. I've cut out and serged nearly a dozen receiving blankets and more than a dozen each of burp and bibs. I found a stack of cut out gowns, shirts, pants and hats that I have put a big dent in it also. I can't sit for long at my machines but 30 mins at a time gets a lot done.
I'm pretty much over the URI's infections I've had all winter long (if you can call the weather we've had winter) except for a nagging cough but now pollen is coming out so I imagine I'll start in sneezing soon, my eyes are already red and itchy.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Return to Current Sewing Projects