January 2017

What sewing projects are you working on?

January 2017

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Well, my non-sewing continues as I continue to battle bronchitis. However, I have planned some sewing for me. First off will be 2 more pairs of black pants with side seam pockets out of some Ponte Roma knit. Then, I have a gorgeous Sophia knit in shades of red to make a Kwik Sew top with an interesting collar. After those 3 garments, I'm making 3 preemie baby gowns with blankets for Threads of Love. Then it is making a clerical stole for a minister that I know. This is how I plan to kick start my sewing in 2017. What are your plans?
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: January 2017

New postby Skye on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:27 pm

I have been sewing up a storm since Xmas :)
T-shirt, t-shirt dress, a carry-on tote, straight skirt. Yesterday cut out a jacket toille.
Marvelous what you can do when you take a break from work and you send DH off to golf :mrgreen:
Skye

New postby sewingrandma on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:25 am

Hope everyone has had a wonderful start to the new year.
No sewing going on here. I've been battling a severe cold since the end of November and I just keep picking up one cold after another.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Totally understanding, Brockie, as I have been on bed rest since Dec 19th with a severe bout of bronchitis. Are you sure that it isn't a bad sinus infection or bronchitis instead of a cold? I rarely catch a cold but do have sinus infections and bronchitis often. I should be able to get up and start building up my strength by this weekend. Oh, hubby ripped a seam on side of his nice dress pants that needs to be repaired. It will be one of my first projects when I can sew again.

Skye, I am so happy for you on getting to sew such fabulous clothes. Will you be able to post pics? Would love to see them. My hubby doesn't have any hobbies other than listening to his CDs or reading.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:11 am

Marty, I have asthmatic bronchitis. Doc has me on a bunch of different medications and I feel so weak I probably couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag at this point. Hope you are up and about getting your strength back soon. Don't over do it as we all know it only sets us back.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:56 am

Finally, I made it back to my sewing machine yesterday evening. My hubby has a new pair of pants but upon first wearing the thread was so old that it disintegrated on one of the side seams. The pants were only 3 weeks old. So I examined them carefully and determined that most of the thread was rotted. So I re-sewed all 4 seams again. It felt good to sit and sew the seams while hearing my lovely machine hum again. I have really missed that. This weekend, I have my American Sewing Guild meeting plus Sit & Sew classes. I will be working on my pants and a new top for me. I need some long sleeve tops for winter and early spring. Hopefully, I can get at least one made. The one that I am thinking of is an independent pattern called the Laundry Day Tee. It's from Love Notions Sewing patterns ... It's a PDF which was a free download from their site ... http://www.lovenotions.com. My first time trying this. It will a long sleeve tunic and the fabric is a stretch knit from Hancock Fabrics bought several years ago. I do miss that store. Now, I order a lot of things online <big sigh>.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Glad you are up and sewing again Marty. I'm still coughing and wheezing and my strength isn't what it should be. I've been getting up and making myself do a few things around the house the last few days, trying to get build up some stamina. I actually sat at my serger today and serged around 6 blankets that I've had cut out for at least 2 months now. I haven't tied off the ends yet, that will have to wait. I did put a pot roast in my slow cooker this morning so we are good for food again for several days. All I can say is thank goodness for left overs and my freezer or else we wouldn't have had much to eat the last 2 weeks. Hope everyone else is well and stays well.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby Skye on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:15 pm

Good to see you sewing Marty.

Finally got a photo of the bag I made to replace my briefcase which is secured in our office block while they do repairs after the earthquake. I thought I would make something a bit colourful I have also made a cover for my phone and A4 note book - all matchy-matchy https://www.flickr.com/photos/sewingskye/32138429746/

I have yet to get photos of the garments that's on my to do list.

I am quilting today - well I will be when I remove all the stuff I have dumped on my frame. I have been sorting out what motif I am going to use - decisions decisions :lol:
Skye

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Today's sewing was replacing a zipper in a pair of pants for one of the ladies in my church. I'm also putting in zippers in 2 children's dresses that I'm making for Easter in a project for one of the inner city schools. Always have plenty to sew. I forgot my elastic so I could not finish the pants that I have made for myself while at my Sit & Sew class. I need to finish them.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm

I really need to brush up on my sewing techniques. It took 18 tries to replace a fly front zipper in a pair of lady's slacks. So aggravating!!!
Marty :oops:
MartySews2

Next

Return to Current Sewing Projects