Sept 2016

What sewing projects are you working on?

Re: Sept 2016

New postby sewingmom on Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:12 am

I especially like the dogwood flowers! They are all nice work. The applique would make some nice potholders of placemats!!!!
sewingmom

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:33 pm

I loved the dogwoods also.. They were my Mom's favorites, really she had 2, dogwoods and irises. She had several white and pink dogwood trees and zillions of irises in her yard.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby sewingmom on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:27 pm

Libby, My mom also loved dogwoods. She had 1 pink and 1 white in our fron yard and the neighbors on either side also had some. They brightened springtime so much.
Belinda(Lindy)
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:01 am

Well, I finished the clerical stole and it turned out great. I just need to wash and press it before giving it to our minister friend. Last night, since there was nothing on TV worth watching, I embroidered 5 hand towels for Saturday's craft fair. I still have 5 more to do so should finish them up today. No pictures yet as they will go in the washer/dryer to remove the water soluble stabilizer but I will take pics before taking them to the craft fair. I will have to buy more 505 spray and stabilizer before my Christmas sewing starts. Our current minister was intrigued by the stoles that I have made so we're going to talk next week about making one for him. On Thursday, I am going to one of my church members who is in her 90's to alter the gown that she wants to wear to her granddaughter's wedding in 3 weeks. The neckline needs to be raised and the shoulder seams on the jacket needs to be shortened. It's a champagne color so I think that she will look stunning. I just enjoy sewing for others.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:58 pm

A whole day of sewing at a church member's home. She needed a dress altered for her granddaughter's wedding that's coming up. I was able to raise the neckline 1-1/2 inches. We had a delightful day of chatting, getting to know one another, and becoming friends. I was there from 11am until 6pm. She had fixed us a delicious lunch of tossed salad, chicken salad, and ice cream for dessert. As a widow, who lives alone, she was so glad to have someone around. We chatted more than I sewed but it was a good day for both of us. I will go back on Monday and shorten the shoulders on the jacket to the dress. I had trouble with the jersey knit binding around the sleeve. I will study it a little more so I can do the best job possible. Tomorrow is sewing for the craft fair and setting up. Tomorrow night, my Baby Girl and I are going to dinner and then to see the new movie "The Dressmaker" starring Kate Winslett. Sounds like perfect mother/daughter time. What a way to wrap up National Sewing Month.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:40 am

Oh, I embroidered a total of 19 hand towels for our Craft Fair fundraiser and sold 7 of them plus some Tater Bakers. We made $90 but after deducting the cost of the booth fee, we had a profit of $25 for our ASG chapter. Items with trademarked sports logos were the big seller at the Craft Fair.

2016 Craft Fair Towels.jpg
2016 Craft Fair Towels.jpg (98.3 KB) Viewed 1408 times

2016 Craft Fair.jpg
2016 Craft Fair.jpg (95.21 KB) Viewed 1413 times

More Craft Fair.jpg
More Craft Fair.jpg (91.94 KB) Viewed 1411 times

Marty ;)
MartySews2

Previous

Return to Current Sewing Projects