June 2016

What sewing projects are you working on?

June 2016

New postby MartySews2 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Here June is almost halfway over ... All I'm sewing these days are alterations. Have several new projects planned but have to get these alterations out of the way first.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: June 2016

New postby sewingrandma on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:50 am

I found a different pattern for a baby gown that looks nice with light weight knits. It has a placket and a collar I can do a lettuce leaf hem to make it look a little bit fancier than the plain lap shoulder gowns I've been making. So far I have 6 completed.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:53 pm

I finished the 5 gowns I was working on for the summer season. Kept one for me. Gave te ther 4 to church memberfriends who go way out for the church missions at all times. Now have 2 wall hangings to complete (for sound barries to quiet the echoes from the sound system. Hope it works, I only hve half the fabric I should have because Hancocks sold the rest before we got the measurements and she did not get enough the first time.Oh well, so what else is new .. LOL
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:01 pm

At the last circle outing for the summer, we went out to dinner. Pastor Michelle had an eyelet jacket on with her blouse, and she was comfortable because it was cold in there. I found a yard of lace fabric in my stash that was very wide, and I had a pattern that would fit there, so I cut it out. I have stitched the shoulder seams and I now am in the process of pinning the sleeves in. I intend to serge them before I do the side seams. After I get the seams serged, then I will stitch on my regular machine. That way its easier than trying to stitch, trim , then stitch the second time to have enclosed seams. like that idea for lace so no threads can ravel. It is so much easier and of course I like the easy way to do things. I will get to use it a lot this summer and early fall because being white it will go with everything. I get chilled so easily in these AC places in summertime. Sleeves are 3/4 which I like.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby sewingrandma on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:05 pm

Sounds nice Libby. I too am bothered by the cold A/C some places insist on keeping. We have one restaurant we enjoy the food at but because it is so cold we refrain from going very often. We have even spoken to the managers to no avail.
I'm still sewing for Newborns and shut myself in my sewing room this past weekend and sewed quite a few blanket/burp/bib sets, gowns, and outfits.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby Skye on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:00 am

No sewing here, busy at work, conference last week and some silly woman decided she would sort her fabric stash this weekend. I am folding my fabric and winding it on to thin board and then stacking them back into my plastic tubs. Looks nice and neat and I can see all the fabric at a glance. Still got a couple of containers to go. Then I can do some sewing DIL would like a shawl collared jacket to go with the grey wool dress I made her 3 weeks ago. Fits with my New Years resolution got to use all of a pie e fabric - not allowing myself to refile scraps. My co worker's 9yr DD has scored some tops jeans cardi and tights. Fun sewing for small people
Skye

Return to Current Sewing Projects