April 2016

What sewing projects are you working on?

April 2016

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:57 am

My foot is healing nicely so I am going back to my machines and hopefully have some pics for inspiration. I have 4 dresses for children in various stages of completion as well as 2 pairs of pants cut out and ready to sew for myself. What is everyone sewing these days?
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: April 2016

New postby sewingrandma on Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:13 am

Marty, what did you do to your foot? Hope all is well with it and you can get back to sewing.
I recently went to the Hancock's that is closing near me and most of their patterns were cheaper than when they go on sale. I picked up some Kwik Sew patterns for $1.25 each. I plan on making some tops for me this spring as what I have is wearing out fast. I have enough fabric in my stash that I've collected over the years I can make quite a few. Just trying to find the time. I also have NIN that I'm still sewing for, gowns, blankets, bibs, burps and outfits. I've been making totes with pockets lately and lighter weight gowns and outfits-dress/panties and t's/shorts.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:09 pm

Brockie, during the first week of March our new iron furnace grate fell on my right (dominate) foot and fractured it. Very small stress fractures. It is healing but I've had to stay on bedrest for the past 3 weeks. While on bedrest, I have been doing some smocking, hand embroidery, and practice hand quilting. I've been on the computer a lot and watching TV. I can get up and walk around now wearing an orthopedic shoe. This is about the 3rd or 4th time that I have fractured my right foot.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Ouch. I hope it heals with out any problems Marty. Bed rest is no fun, years ago I had a blood clot and was on bed rest for nearly a month. I did a lot of cross-stitch at that time.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:36 am

My foot is healed and I'm back to sewing again. Tonight, while watching Dancing with the Stars, I made 2 pairs of pants. Both are a black ponte knit fabric from the Vogue Fabrics store in the Chicago, IL area. I used the master pattern for pants from Judith Kessinger's website http://www.fitnicesystem.com. They are a perfect fit with no funny wrinkles. Took less than 30 minutes each using my serger. I still need to add the elastic in the waistband and hem them so there are no pics yet. Will post pics later. I must pull together a wardrobe to take with me to Washington, DC. My new luggage arrives tomorrow. :) :) :)
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:46 pm

I just finished hemming 2 knit shirts for me. They were purchased , but were regular, not petites, so they had to be cut off and hemmed . Took all of 10 minutes on the CS Mchine since I already had the correct thread on it.. LOL I am getting ready for our "After Tax season trip to the beach" we are leaving Tues. am for a few days. I do not know how long we will stay. The 2 with Husbands decide how long we stay each year. This has been an event since sometime in the 1970's . We have trouble remembering which year we started this tradition. In all these years I have only missed 3 years of going. Three ofthe 4 of us who are still going are retired and only 1 still does Income Tax prep. and it is not because she needs the money. Its because her customers will not let her quit entirely.I am really looking forward to this trip. I am always ready for good seafood. And shopping , of course.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby sewingrandma on Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:33 am

Enjoy your trip Libby. My DH has been doing taxes for the last 12 years so I understand the need to get away for a while after the season. It has been a rough one this year.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Return to Current Sewing Projects