Feb 2016 Projects

What sewing projects are you working on?

Feb 2016 Projects

New postby MartySews2 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:45 am

So far the only sewing that I have done this month is shortening sleeves 2 inches on a lab coat for one of my church members, hemmed 3 pairs of pants, sewed the seat of a pair of pants where the thread disintegrated and have 3 Easter dresses in the works. Sewing a few hours every day on multiple projects but haven't finished any of them. Too many disruptions with household and car repairs to concentrate on getting anything finished. Anyone else sewing?
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Feb 2016 Projects

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:59 pm

No time to sew right now. Have to clean a path for delivery of new clothes washing machine. Its in the large storeroom of our lower level and DS has such clutter i there , it almost has no pat. Taking all our time to clear this mess up beforethe delivery. I will be glad to get back to normal. DS has a lot of OCD in him. He does not like to throw anything away. right now he is making a trip to the recycle part of the city trash yards to get rid of cardboard boxes he has been saving.. LOL its not funny , but I would rather laugh than cry..
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby sewingrandma on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:33 am

Not sewing much but have been working on cutting out baby gowns.
Libby, your DS sounds like my DH, he does not like to toss anything. He has the first pair of combat boots he was given when he enlisted way back in 1968 because he might have use for the leather one day. Old belts will be hinges some day, engine parts for cars we don't own any longer, he has his own hardware store in the garage what with all the nuts bolts and other stuff he has (just wish it all was organized). Boxes that we used in our last move 26 years ago are still in our garage. We have a 4 bay garage that we can't possibly put another thing in because of everything he wants to keep for just in case. Unfortunately since before his diagnosis he hasn't been able to do any of 'extras' so everything just sits and waits. His new meds seem to be helping but I doubt he'll ever get around to doing every thing that he has planned.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby momquilts on Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:50 am

I completed a 12 tee shirt quilt on Tuesday and delivered it on Thursday. On that same day, I was given the 16th shirt for another quilt. I started preparing those shirts last night and will have to discuss the final layout with the buyer Monday at school before I can move forward. In the mean time, I'll work on the 26 Christmas pillowcases I'm making for a craft fair in the fall. I also have some kitchen hanging towels and the kids bath towel ponchos I want to get done for this sale in the fall. Oh and while straightening up the sewing room I found my counted cross stitch sampler that is about 1/3 of the way done. That's on a card table in the living room for me to attack when I'm tired of sewing. I'm really trying to finish projects that have been started and forgotten. Wish me luck!
momquilts

New postby sewingrandma on Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:50 pm

Made 2 gowns this morning at newborns meeting. Stopped and found some cotton knit for more gowns today for $1.50/yd on the way home. It is light weight but figure it will be good for summer weight items.
Has anyone used Burda patterns before? They were on sale today and I found one that is cute for babies so will give it a try. I hope the sizing is a good fit.
Butterick patterns were also on sale so I picked up a couple for me. My choices for tops is rapidly dwindling as I haven't made anything for myself in a long while and what I have is wearing out.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Return to Current Sewing Projects