What are you sewing? November

What sewing projects are you working on?

What are you sewing? November

New postby neefer on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Halloween is over. We are not quite recovered; decorations and party junk are still all over the house and yard.

BUT ...

My bra pattern is now completely traced on to patternease and patternease pieces are cut out. I'm ready to cut! It's only a matter of clearing off my work table. :boohoo:
Jennifer in Livermore

Bonny lass, bonny lass, will you be mine?
You shall neither wash dishes nor serve the wine;
But sit on a cushion and sew a fine seam,
And feast upon strawberries, sugar, and cream.
neefer

Re: What are you sewing?

New postby DorothyL on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:36 pm

I'll finish up the crocheted bag on Saturday I hope. Life has been a little hectic lately.
Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:54 pm

I managed to get a top cut out this week plus made a stack of neck kerchiefs for a 3yr old's birthday party. I think there were around 8 or 10 of them. It took me an hour to sew them up as the grandmother had pre-cut them. Sorry but I didn't get any pictures. Got the collar & cuffs done on Emma's blouse plus took out seams on 3 other tops & hemmed a pair of men's pants. Am going to Jo-Ann's today to pick up the lining for my jacket & get some fleece to make a child's blanket for my DD to take to a friend. It's been a busy week.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby bridesmom on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:35 pm

I've got about 200 duffel bags cut out. We will only make 100 again this year, and I will probably have to pick up more webbing for handles, but I hope to get a start on them early next week, now that my serger is back home after a 3 week vacation at the serger spa, it's clean and shiny and runs like a top, I think I need a 3 week vacation at the spa too! I feel like a blob!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby momquilts on Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:59 pm

I had sick days from work on Monday and Tuesday and today off for Veteran's Day. I had a Dr.'s appt Monday morning and after that I sewed the rest of the time off. I completed 3 more fleece jackets in assorted sizes. I have one more camo jacket to make then I'm finished with them for a while. Tonight we meet at church to quilt but I will be cutting 3 bunting bags from fleece while DD cuts more cloth books. We went to Walmart yesterday and Joann's today to buy all the book panels we could find. The teachers DD works with are nuts over these cloth books! That means $$ in my pocket :D
momquilts

New postby HeyJudee on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:18 am

I have 5 days off...off yesterday for Can. Rememberance Day and have Thurs. & Fri. off as well. Don't go back to work until...Monday! :applause: Yesterday I finished shortening 4 RTW pants and worked on assembling a quilt I'm working on. It's for a guy at work when he retires Jan. 5. So I'm trying to have it ready well in advance of the date needed...(usually I'm working on them til the day before I need it) :doh: And I have two quilts to finish from the quilt-a-thon that I went to on Oct. 17. Need them finished for Monday... And I have to work on my Christmas Swap items. Wish I lived near Laura...I'd ask her to come help me whip these up. They'd be done in no time with Laura helping... :lol:
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:34 pm

I'm sewing items for ASG fundraiser this weekend - Christmas stockings & ornaments.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby ninifav on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:38 pm

took a hankie jacket class about 6 weeks ago and have just finished construction...wish I knew how to do pics...really, really came out great...
Paula
ninifav

New postby HeyJudee on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:21 pm

Here's a pic of the quilt I just finished for Victoria's Quilts Canada. I only did the quilting and sewed on the binding and label. Someone else made the top and pinned it ready to be quilted. Just have to wash it and put it back in the bag for delivery back to VCQ's chapter on Monday evening. One down....one more to go.
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby temom on Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:40 pm

ninifav wrote:took a hankie jacket class about 6 weeks ago and have just finished construction...wish I knew how to do pics...really, really came out great...

Paula, I bet we could help you with the pics. Do you have a digital camera? If so, do you know how to put the pics on your computer, or look at them on your computer? If not, do you ever get the pics on a cd (like at Walgreens or someplace like that)?
Theresa
temom

Next

Return to Current Sewing Projects