final show...

Discuss Project Runway, the TV show about sewing, fashion, and design.

final show...

New postby sewhappyrtr on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:45 am

I CAN NOT BELIEVE that she won!!! She does not know how to sew!!! I am totally annoyed at that!!!
Karen
Walt Disney World.. the place I always want to be at !!
sewhappyrtr

Re: final show...

New postby lendube on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:51 am

I'm not annoyed at all. On a personal basis she just seems very, very nice. I did NOT want Joshua to win. That boy's got issues in addition to the obvious "mommy issues". I'm sure he's been hating life since Anya won. I did not like his line and hated those green shorts.

The judges comments about Anya's ability to pull through (remember what she did when she lost her money?), about wanting to see what she comes up with next, her own personal style all seem like reasons to commend her. Her collection was very wearable and her fabric choices were exquisite. If she succeeds even a little she can just design fabrics and apparel and not even have to sew but she seems smart enough to know that she needs to know the intricacies of assembling a garment to be a successful designer. She's only 28 and so driven. I'm very happy she won and I hope she succeeds.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby trini on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Thank you for seeing Anya for who she really is and what she is really worth. She is an intelligent girl and I am sure will rise to what is expected of her. Yes, Joshua's attitude was bad, he really thought that he had it in the bag.I also liked the other girl's line, and felt that she also had a good chance of winning; I particularly liked her colours.Of course none of their sewing can compare to the other finalist's, he really can sew well.
In spite of her lack of sewing skills Anya has done us proud.
trini

New postby Mule on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:06 pm

I liked Viktor's collection better -- or at least the half that contained his prints. I don't know what he was thinking, but Heidi was right when she said it seemed like two separate collections. That black chiffon stuff was not good.... I liked a few of Kimberly's pieces, but others -- not so much.

Anya definitely needs to improve her sewing skills, but I'm impressed at how well she can sew after just a few months. I certainly couldn't make clothes like that in under those circumstances and time constraints! I think the thing that tipped the balance in her favor is her sense of style. And in the big picture, that's more important than sewing skills. (Think of some of the contestants with excellent sewing skills but no imagination or style....) Anya also excels at thinking on her feet and adapting to difficult circumstances.

I'm just glad Joshua didn't win because I couldn't stand his attitude, his whining, or his back biting!!
Beth
Mule

New postby lendube on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:10 am

I sure thought Viktor was going to win. Did you folks see the ad for the super Project Runway? All (or lots, anyway) past winners are competing against each other. That'll be some show.

As far as Anya not being a seamstress; The show is about designing, not sewing. The outfits just have to be acceptably made and hers were for the most part.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby Mule on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:49 am

That looks like it will be a great show! Should be lots of fun to watch.

Did anyone watch Project Accessory? I did but I'm not sure if I like it yet. I don't have a clue how to make accessories, but many people who watch Project Runway can't sew. I'm sure the drama element will still be there..... :roll:
Beth
Mule

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:28 pm

I loved Anya, clothes in the final show. I was just sooooooo glad that Joshua did NOT win. He was so 2 faced and critical of everyone to make himself feel better. He made me sick ! ! ! ! I think Victor has a lot of talent and will not be surprised to se his name a lot.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:10 pm

I was unable to watch any of Season 9 ... first time that I missed a season & couldn't find it to watch the videos on the internet or re-runs. Very, very disappointed.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Return to Project Runway