Season 9, Episode 8

Discuss Project Runway, the TV show about sewing, fashion, and design.

Season 9, Episode 8

New postby lendube on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:38 pm

I think it's Episode 8 anyway. Well, I think Joshua knocked it out of the ballpark!! I loved that black dress, front, back, bottom and top. I loved it. I'm thinking he just may be our winner here this season. Not the most pleasant attitude but he can design. Not an easy person to like but I sure loved this little black number.

I really enjoyed this episode. Even dh watched the first half or so. We both got a big kick out of the guy who just LOVED boobs! Wasn't he a kick? He came off as kind of a jerk till I saw his wife (who really wasn't anything special, boobs or otherwise) and that seemed to lesson his jerkiness somehow in spite of his "motorboat" schick......... :roll:

Anya's dress was very cool except for the long sleeve, IMO. Really liked the rest of it. Bert's was okay but hohum, the "vintage" dress wasn't quite vintage, just frumpy I thought.

I'm amazed that Olivier (that's how it's spelled but they say Oliver......more weirdness from him) is still in the running. His outfit was awful, didn't fit at all and his attitude was so very annoying. "I can't work with boobs." (Sorry, Olivier, real ladies have them.) "I just want her to shut up and stand there. I don't want customer input." I said to dh that that's where the problem lies so often. Any designer can design for a pencil. Real curves throw them every time. And Olivier's lady had a lovely figure!! He's a strange, sad little man/boy.

The pink dress was a tragedy too. Didn't suit the girl at all.

Good show. I enjoyed it.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Re: Season 9, Episode 8

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:09 pm

I am so far behind on everything that I haven't had the opportunity to watch any of the shows. I did try to watch the first episode on the computer but kept getting interrupted. 8pm on Thursday night is not a good time for me. I liked it better when it was 9pm & then they showed again at 11pm. Now, they are not doing that so it makes it hard for me to watch. Hopefully, I'll get to watch it at some point as it is my favorite TV show.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby Mule on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:36 am

Marty, I think it's on at other times too. Because I accidentally changed my TIVO setting to record "all" episodes instead of "new" episodes, and I had about 10 recordings waiting for me this week!

I thought it was interesting how they had to deal with designing for real people, especially those who had some opinions about what they wanted. I agree with Lennie about Oliver's attitude! His client may have been more vocal than some, but she wasn't asking for anything really outrageous. And she had a good, proportioned figure! Much better than the average woman, so I don't know why he was complaining. If a designer only designs for stick thin women with no breasts, it's not likely they'll end up selling much!

I loved Joshua's dress! I think he has some real talent, if he can manage to hold himself back and keep from overdecorating everything. That probably saved him when he was in the bottom last week (at least I think he was). It definitely wasn't his congenial personality that saved him!

It was pretty obvious who'd be going home this week. The fit on Bryce's dress was so bad -- even I can fit better than that! And he didn't have any previous track record to justify keeping him. I keep remembering the dress made out of the pee pads. :lol: Going home is probably best for him anyway -- he seemed to be very homesick!

I liked Anya's dress, and I thought the sleeve was kind of cool. Didn't care for the "vintage" dress -- that was definitely a miss! Bert's dress was too low-cut and too short for my tastes, although I could tell it was exactly what his client wanted. He probably could have done more to amp the design up though -- the judges were right when they said you could buy that dress anywhere in the mall.

I think Victor could be a contender for the win, despite the fact he hasn't won a challenge. Poor guy seems to keep just barely missing! I thought his outfit this week looked great, although he seemed to have lucked out in getting a client with taste similar to his style.
Beth
Mule

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:21 pm

I just happened to catch the show earlier this afternoon. It came on as a repeat at 11:30 am Saturday EDT. I started the late rerun of it Thursday night, but fell asleep and missed all but the first few minutes.. For a change, I think I totally agreed with the judges on this one..I am so glad that the guest judge would speak up when she disagreed with Nina, sometimes she intiimidates a guest judge, IMHO.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby lendube on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:58 pm

I liked that the guest spoke up too, Libby. I don't have a clue who she is but she had some sound opinions. Nina does have a rep. Even Tim was saying once that he was intimidated by having to work very closely with her for one particular episode. If we're seeing her at her best I shudder to think........... :roll:
Lennie

lendube

New postby Mule on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:29 pm

I'm wondering how it would be to have Nina as a boss? Scary!!! :anxious:

She definitely has her opinions. When Borders was having their closeout sale I came across one of the books she wrote on style/fashion. I leafed through it, and while it was well written, it was clearly all about her point of view. It was certainly not for someone on a limited clothing budget as some of her "must haves" were quite expensive. Despite the deep discount, I didn't end up purchasing it as I decided the wardrobe needs of a "fashionista" living in Manhattan weren't quite the same as those of a mom living in suburban Idaho. No one here would ever notice if an item was from "last season" -- really, as long as you're within the right decade here it's all good! :lol: And I don't need to know what to wear to red carpet events or gallery openings... we do have a couple of new supermarkets opening up soon, but I didn't see anything in her book that addressed that....
Beth
Mule

New postby HeyJudee on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:51 am

I was all excited thinking that I would finally be able to see Project Runway and keep in the loop on this show. I discovered that PR is now available on SLICE which is a new channel that I get now that I've switched to digital TV. But the episode that was on last night...was Season 9 episode 1 which was first broadcast back in July. :doh: So Marty I'm further behind than you...LOL And Lifetime is not available in my area...so I will either be really behind or just not bother watching...sheeesh!
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby lendube on Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:14 pm

Judy, I think Lifetime has the shows online to watch anytime you want. I know Bravo did. That would be a good way to catch up and also a wonderful way to spend even MORE time online! :roll: Hey, you are absolutely NOT the only one. I promise.
Lennie

lendube

New postby HeyJudee on Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:35 pm

I tried Lifetime in the past, but it won't let me watch, since I'm not located in the US. :x Same goes for watching missed episodes of Survivor...not allowed on their website... :( But the Survivor shows are available to me on a local TV station website which does broadcast Survivor.
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby Mule on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:30 pm

There may be non-official websites that will let you watch. I think tv.blinx.com and sidereel.com have had Project Runway episodes in the past. And those sites don't tend to care so much where you live.
Beth
Mule

Return to Project Runway