season 9 Episode 6

Discuss Project Runway, the TV show about sewing, fashion, and design.

season 9 Episode 6

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:56 pm

I do not know about the rest of you, but if something does not change on here, I will not watch another season of this show. These have been the most BLAHHHHHH shows and designs of all the years I have watched. Of course the assignments have been a lot to blame for that.. I think Lifetime is just wrong for project Runway. Bravo was a much better home for them, INHO..I could not even decide on one ourfit I really liked on last nights show. But the assignment was not great either.. So who is to blame.. as far as I am concerned, the producers of the show are killing it..
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

Re: season 9 Episode 6

New postby lendube on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:13 pm

I disagree about the challenge, Libby. I think it was a fitting and terrific challenge. Avant Guard - how can you be more creative? It's not meant to be worn, it's art. Therefore the art students. Immediately when I saw Bert's I laughed. I also saw all the characters from Yellow Submarine for some reason. It was hideous. Michael Kors had some hilarious comments. I loved Laura's, the yellow gown. Anya's was great with the feathers around the neckline. Kimberly's was very cool also. The straight jacket was horrible. The skirt didn't fit at all. I thought Oliver, Bert and Josh who lost (again) were by far the worst of the bunch.

Seems we're in for an incredible amount of drama next week. I don't think Lifetime is good for this show either. It's quite different and not in a good way. I'll continue to watch it. I really can't just stop now.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:38 pm

I know , Lennie, but Tim was encouraging them by saying avant garde meant to LEAD and on the runway that meant to lead in design clothing, and I took it like some of the designers , to mean fantastic designs to be wearable.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby Mule on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:39 am

I kind of agree with Lennie. I don't like some of the challenges as much, as they're meant to test the designers creativity and ability to think on their feet more than create great clothes (such as the alternative materials challenges). But others such as the challenge to create a look for Nina and the one to create a look to go with Heidi's shoes were about the clothes.

I pretty much agreed with the judges this week, although I thought Bryce's dress was pretty hideous. Possibly even worse than Josh's. He got lucky there were other looks worse than his!

I think it's interesting to see what the designers come up with for each challenge, and of course I'm totally impressed with how much they can create in so little time since I'm kind of slow myself.
Beth
Mule

New postby kaitlinnegan on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:11 am

I expected a bit more "wow" factor from an avant-garde challenge. I didn't really love any of the designs -- if I had to pick a favorite, I would probably pick Anya's, but the use of feathers irks me. I liked the idea of Becky's dress with the cubes at the shoulder, but in my mind, those cubes should have been sharp sharp sharp.

I thought Bert's was hilarious! I thought Heidi had a good point that at least it wasn't sad and boring like some of the others in the bottom. I agree about Bryce's straight jacket. It was ugly, ill-fitting, and not leading fashion by any stretch of the imagination. I'm surprised it didn't end up in the bottom, but I guess there was a fair amount of competition for the bottom spot!

I did like how Tim commented they are fur free now! The use of fur in previous seasons was really sad and seemed out of touch with reality (who really wears fur?).
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Sorry but this is one season where life keeps getting in the way of my watching the show. I'll post comments after I have had time to watch all of the episodes several times over so I can formulate my opinions. I love the show but it just isn't working out this season for me to watch it on Thursday nights.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Return to Project Runway