Project Runway Season 9 Episode 2

Discuss Project Runway, the TV show about sewing, fashion, and design.

Project Runway Season 9 Episode 2

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:16 pm

I just watched it on the web.. I thought most of the items were as well done as possible. But the winner clearly should have been the one Heidi liked. I don't see why she always gives in to Michael and Nina so easily..
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

Re: Project Runway Season 9 Episode 2

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Can't believe that I haven't had the time to sit & watch Project Runway this season ... even online. I'll try to get to it this coming week sometime. I just have so much to do these days that my time is not my own anymore.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby kaitlinnegan on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:05 pm

Online video for Episode 2

I agree that the birdseed dress should have won. I loved what he did with the collar. I didn't really like Oliver's dog bed top and hamster bedding skirt on the model as much. He said he padded the skirt, but I thought it just looked unflattering. The flaky psoriasis eyebrows were very off-putting as well -- how could he have thought that looked good?

I really liked Anya's rag-bone top and Becky's aquarium plant (?) dress, although I guess the colors are a little over the top.
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby lendube on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:23 pm

That birdseed dress was quite awesome, the neckline especially with all of the sunflower or niger seeds. Did you hear that Michael Kors is engaged? He and his partner of 20 years (!) are finally making it legal. Good for them. I think Tim and the older guy from L.A. would make a good couple too. :D

I didn't like Oliver's dress at all. Who'd want to wear that? The top was so very, very basic. And what's with Oliver's accent? It's so weird. He said he was born and grew up in Cleveland, Ohio and just recently started traveling, didn't he? Moved overseas when he was 17 or so? Accents like that don't happen naturally in the space of 5 years. Quite pretentious.

And how could "Barbie" not know that the E-collar would be that short? That seemed like it would be obvious. Hmmmmm. :shame: I did think it was a very creative idea.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby Mule on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:13 pm

I like the birdseed dress the best too! The way he arranged them was so cool -- they weren't just randomly stuck on there.

I was kind of surprised that they didn't send home the other Joshua that made the giant pee pad skirt. Although the losing outfit was pretty tacky, it was still better than that!

I agree about Oliver's accent! I didn't think much of it till I heard he was born and grew up in the US. You don't suddenly get a foreign accent (and what type of accent is that anyway) just because you live somewhere for a couple years. My son lives in Japan now, but I'm pretty sure he's not going to come home with a Japanese accent! :lol:
Beth
Mule

New postby lendube on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:36 am

And I'm guessing his name isn't even Oliver. He's probably Mike or Steve. heehee (meow.......sorry). (Not that there's anything wrong with Mike or Steve.) ;)
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Return to Project Runway