Project Runway, Season 8: Episode 11

Discuss Project Runway, the TV show about sewing, fashion, and design.

tonight's show

New postby sewhappyrtr on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Wow have you seen the previews?? Wonder what all will happen. On Lifetime on the internet, the preview shows all the "auf'ed" designers are back, and then Tim tells someone "You will not be back on this show" and also " There have been rumors of cheating" or something like that. Can't wait to see what will happen!!
Karen
Walt Disney World.. the place I always want to be at !!
sewhappyrtr

Re: tonight's show

New postby lendube on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:07 am

Well it's never as dramatic as they make it out to be, is it? I still don't know what Michael's big "cheat" was. The girl using tape for her boobs?? I liked Mondo's best once again. Andy's were good too. We sure saw a less flattering side of Heidi. She was nasty to Mondo, wasn't she? And good ol' Ivy was true to form. I'm glad she was involved with the losing look. It was awful as was April's IMO.

I'm 60 pages into Tim's newest book. I really like it. He dishes a lot and also tells a lot of personal stories. The first book of his was more or less "pointers". Not very interesting.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Project Runway, Season 8: Episode 11

New postby kaitlinnegan on Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:56 pm

So, what did you think?

I wonder if Heidi fancies herself a designer now, or if she had a team of designers to help her design that frumpy line? Also..how could that be considered "activewear"? It looked like lounge wear to me. You can find whole collection here: Heidi Klum for New Balance - Andy's designs are already up for pre-order, although they are a bit dumbed down for mass production (no sheer chiffon).

I was really nervous this whole episode that Mondo would be going home. I really want him to make it to fashion week! From what I can tell, he's really the only designer who has had a consistent point of view throughout the show. This week wasn't my favorite work of his, but I thought the headbands were adorable. I kind of want one!

I thought it would be Mondo, Andy and Gretchen in the final 3, but now I'm thinking maybe it will be April instead of Gretchen? She seems to have struggled a bit lately. She does need an attitude adjustment, as Heidi pointed out. But..Heidi has quite an attitude of her own! :) I guess where Heidi's involved, there isn't room for any other big egos.
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

Re: Project Runway, Season 8: Episode 11

New postby sewhappyrtr on Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:25 am

So why are they in such drab colors,? Heidi should have been all about bright colors in my humble opinion!!
I do feel sorry for Michael C still. Why do they gang up on him? And if there was any hint of cheating, don't ya think they would have gotten rid of the designer? Remember the one who was let go because he had a design book that he had brought with him. I forget how long ago it was, maybe 2-3 yrs.
I think it will be Mondo for sure, and maybe Andy, then I am not sure., I do hope its not Gretchen. Did you know if you go to "New York fashion week" on the internet, you can see most of the designers "clothes" they made for the runway there, even though we don't know yet who made it.
and they have the scorecard of all the designers, who won, who was safe.. etc. and who got let go. It was interesting.
Such drama!! guess that is why we all watch it still!! :D :D But I don't think alot of us on here must watch it, as there are not alot of comments anymore :| :| :?: :?:
Karen
Walt Disney World.. the place I always want to be at !!
sewhappyrtr

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:28 pm

I'm still watching all of the shows but I like to go back & watch 2 or 3 times before commenting. Haven't had time to do that yet. I'll let y'all know later what I think of all of the season. It may be in one or two postings but I just don't have time to go back at the moment.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:07 pm

I agree with the winner this week.. But, I don't think any of them did fantastic work this week.. I am glad Heidi called Gretchen on her attitude. Those folded arms positioning of hers shows such a belligerent feeling toward everyone. And every comment she makes is bad criticism., never a compliment. I agree , Heidi has a large ego, but keep her out of the workroom , please..... and Nina and Heidi seem to have patched up their differences, whatever they were.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

Return to Project Runway