Project Runway, Season 8: Episode 10

Discuss Project Runway, the TV show about sewing, fashion, and design.

Project Runway, Season 8: Episode 10

New postby kaitlinnegan on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:42 pm

This week's episode was a tearjerker. First, being reunited with their loved ones. Then, Mondo's revelation. What a secret to have kept from his family for 10 years. I hope that when he does tell his mother and the rest of his family, that they will surprise him and be accepting and supportive of him.

But, on to the designs. I was not wowed by any of the designs, except Mondo's. I liked April's print the best, but I agreed with the judges that the skirt was not flattering. I did like Christopher's design, but it was quite plain and the print was pretty blah. I liked the inspiration behind Gretchen's print, but I thought the motifs were too large and too widely spaced, especially when she used it for such a tiny top!

Mondo's was the only one to me that really was something special. That man really knows how to mix prints! The pants are truly high-waisted, but on his model (anyone remember her name?), they work. If they had been executed poorly, those pants would have been a crazy disaster! I was really afraid that the "crack smoking judges" weren't going to get it. But, thank goodness, they did.
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

Re: Project Runway, Season 8: Episode 10

New postby sewhappyrtr on Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:46 pm

I agree mostly with you, but if I had the chance to make a design and have fabric made from it, I certainly would do more utilizing of the fabric then what some of them did. I would totally use most of the fabric with some accent pieces. That is why Mondo did so good, He used his fabric he made in a big way and showcased it!
I want to see what the "copying " thing is all about. Hope its on next week, Ya know seems like Michael C his dress seemed the same as a previous dress he did too.
It does make for good entertainment though doesn't it!!
Karen
Walt Disney World.. the place I always want to be at !!
sewhappyrtr

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:50 pm

For omce. Mpndo made something that I thought was a winner.. Most of their designs were just too dark. I sure wish they would use a little brightness once in a while, at least. I agreed with the winner and the loser this week. And, I liked Michaels top of that dress. I totally agree with what has already been said about April's also.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby lendube on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Our Tim gave a mini-update and also posted a very personal message, fyi.

http://www.facebook.com/TimGunn
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby kaitlinnegan on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:15 am

Oh, I'm so glad Tim is back, even if it was only a short video! :)

And his personal message - it almost had me in tears. I know it will help someone who feels very alone right now.
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

Return to Project Runway