Project Runway, Season 8, episode 8

Discuss Project Runway, the TV show about sewing, fashion, and design.

Project Runway, Season 8, episode 8

New postby lendube on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:14 am

To be honest I don't even remember last week's show. It was rather boring as I recall. Don't have time to look it up now. I've been looking for Tim's recap over the last few days and finally spotted it about an hour ago. I thought just now that I'd download it and watch it before I leave for the day and it wasn't there anymore. Hmmmmm, :think: Think Tim might have said something he shouldn't have??? Who knows? I'll look for it later. Here's the link. http://www.facebook.com/TimGunn
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Re: Project Runway, Season 8, episode 8

New postby sewhappyrtr on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:09 am

I think I read it on facebook last night, and he actually did have a lot to say!! doesn't he always!!
It seems the challenge was supposed to be different than the way it turned out, seems the producers and whoever wasn't giving Tim all the scoop so he could tell the designers what all they needed to know. He also went to different places looking for everyone the day of the challenge and couldn't find anybody.,
But he wasn't too thrilled about the producers and company about things!!
Karen
Walt Disney World.. the place I always want to be at !!
sewhappyrtr

New postby sewhappyrtr on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:17 am

Ok, that is just freaky!!! there are all kinds of comments about where did his blog go!! Glad I got to hear it last night!!
Karen
sewhappyrtr

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:48 pm

Wow, Karen, I had to go see for myself that it was gone.. I am so glad I saw it , also !!! I guess the producers do NOT like being caught in lying to the designers ! ! Tim was so right to call them on it.. What a mistake this show made moving from Bravo to Lifetime.. I am scared to death that Tim will be gone next season, and if he is so am I ...
OOps. Edited to say My goof. I was talking about the blog for episode 7.. That is the one that is gone. I have not seen one for this ep. 8. in my opinion, they all failed this week. Of course the assignment was impossible, how could they show the elegance and grace that Jackie had ?? No way, in my opinion. I thought Mondo's was awful. All of them were too much.. Jackie went for elegant simplicity always..
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby sewhappyrtr on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Ok, I remembered more about what he posted.
1. They called Jackie " Kennedy" and never mentioned her other name " Onassis"!!
2. It was to be a updated sports wear challenge, and when Tim asked what was the "twist" all they would say was "its a sports wear challenge. :shame:
3. Then when Tim objected to the challenge they said it would be " a dancer challenge" ie waltz, tango, etc.
4. Then they(producers) changed again and went with " its a sports wear challenge" then it was to be what Jackie K O would wear back in the 1960's, and Tim objected again saying it should be "IF she was here now, and wearing clothes in the hear and now and not from the 1960's. so that is what it finally was.
5. He mentioned the "crack smoking judges" many times!!! :D :D :shame:
6. He went over to the judges circle and objected to what the judges were looking at which was the pictures of Jackie K O from the 1960's, and he thought the designers should be judged on the here and now and not what was already done.
7. He did agree with the outer wear challenge if I remember right.
Ok, I will keep remembering to see if I can add anymore.. :applause: :applause:
Karen
sewhappyrtr

New postby sewhappyrtr on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:47 am

On facebook there is a person who posted that Tim got an email from someone who said Tim's vlog hurt this person's feelings, so Tim took it down.
Karen
sewhappyrtr

New postby kaitlinnegan on Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:39 am

Ok, he must have been asked by the producers to take it down. It was 12 minutes long and he spent most of the time revealing how mismanaged the "sportwear/Jackie O" challenge was. I'm glad Bob saw it was up so we were able to watch it before it got taken down!

To add to what Karen said, after the previous fiasco with the "sample room" challenge, Tim went to one of the producers the day before the challenge and asked what the challenge would be. He was told the challenge was to design "classic American sportswear" and the twist would be that it would be each designers take on it - classic sportswear from their perspective. To that, Tim said, "Huh?" since obviously each designer can only design from their perspective. He then found out that the winning design would be worn by Katie Holmes in a movie about Jacqueline Kennedy (Onassis - which he was forbidden to say on camera), but that this would not be revealed to the designers at the start. He said that they needed to be told, since how would they get Jackie Kennedy out of "classic American sportwear"? He explained that Jackie O wore mostly European designers. Also, if the designers were basically going to be costume designers for a period movie, that would certainly limit what they would want to do..so, they should know in advance.

So, the challenge was changed and they would be designing ballroom dance dresses. Well, that was apparently just said to get Tim off the producers' backs, because when Tim Gunn shows up for the filming, there is that wall of Jackie O pictures and the challenge is supposed to be designing for Jackie O if she were alive and youthful today. The movie costume element is gone.

I thought it was risky that he was revealing so much about the inner workings of the show, and had so much negative to say about the producers. Too bad he had to take down the vlog post. I hope the producers realize how much they need him.
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby sewhappyrtr on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:41 pm

hope this works, here is the video of Tim Gunn's vlog that was removed
http://www.viddler.com/explore/LizLemon/videos/1/
Karen
sewhappyrtr

New postby lendube on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:06 pm

WOW! Poor, poor Tim. What a mess! I can only guess what a thorn in the side he is to the producers, etc. that put the show together. It's so interesting to hear what goes on in the background. I can't begin to guess any other reason for that vlog disappearing except that the show's big shots were upset by it. I don't see that anyone's feelings were hurt.

Thanks so much, Karen, for posting that and for your rememberances of it. Thanks to you, Kaitlin, too. And if Tim goes they're certainly going to hear about it from me! I agree!
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby sewhappyrtr on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:46 am

Well, Lennie, I can only take credit for finding the link on facebook the one that is Tim's..
I am glad it worked so everyone can see it, although, I am suprised that more haven't commented on the show this time!!
Karen
sewhappyrtr

Next

Return to Project Runway