Stash Challenge 2011

Discuss and participate in sewing/quilting related contests and challenges.

Moderator: Pudge99

Re: Stash Challenge 2011

New postby Bama on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Congratulations Laura! :applause: I enjoyed seeing everyone's projects. I didn't sew as much as I had hoped to, but at least I got 9 yards out of my stash. And I didn't buy any new fabric. (I can't say that about yarn though ;) )
I'm up for a yarn stash challenge. ;) Now that Christmas is over, I'm ready to make some things for ME. :D Crochet, knitting and sewing.
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby momquilts on Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:02 pm

I may need some advice on knitting....DD's BF was being thoughtful and bought us gifts for Christmas....I got knitting needles and have no idea what to do with them! I tried to be gracious when I opened them. A few days later, they had a conversation and DD said, 'my mom only quilts, she doesn't knit or crochet' then realized what she had said. He said he guessed he got the wrong gift for me then. Oh well, it was the thought that counts.
momquilts

New postby Bama on Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:41 pm

Maybe it's time to learn. ;)
Knittinghelp.com has some great how-to videos.
I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
Bama

New postby bridesmom on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:06 pm

If I can learn to scrapbook, you can learn to knit! Anyone else up for learning a new thing this year?? I think I may start a new thread on this one!!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Congrats, to all you industrious ladies who are also skilled at photo posting ! ! LOL. Thats OK though, the main thing is that I got rid of 35 yards of stash. I am thankful for that. I may just have an idea for getting rid of more of it by donating to a worthy cause. I will never get it all sewed up, so I have been searching for other useful ways to incure a good home for some of it. Have come up with 3 local units that are needy and worthy . I have to investigate a little furthur before I decide.
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby pinecone on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Mom of Six wrote::applause: :applause: :applause: Congtratulations Laura on winning this/last years stash challenge! :applause: :applause:
Hey Theresa We Tied!

I think I will try to set up a chart like that to keep track of my sewing during the whole year. It would be interesting to see how much fabric I use in 1 year. Maybe 2 columns 1 for stash & 1 for new.

Yay!!! Good going. Is there a post yet for 2012??

I hear you for new, when Keepsake Quilting has their tent sale I go wild with the make your own scrap bag. It averages out to about 86 cents a yard!!! Some pieces are over yard but some are 1/4 yard or less. I pick and choose what speaks to me.

piney
pinecone

New postby bridesmom on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:46 am

If I see how much fabric I use in a year, I may fall over in shock! I can't believe how much I used, and how much I gave away and how much is left!

Piney, we usually do our stash challenge starting in Nov to Dec 31. Unless some brave soul comes up with an idea for the new year? Any ideas?
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom

New postby pinecone on Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:31 pm

bridesmom wrote:Piney, we usually do our stash challenge starting in Nov to Dec 31. Unless some brave soul comes up with an idea for the new year? Any ideas?

Thanks, at that time of year, I am trying to wind down so I can emerge from the piles for the holidays. 8-) A few this and thats but my fabric room has no heat (c. 1850's home) so I grab and go sew in the warmer area.

piney
pinecone

Previous

Return to Sewing/Quilting Contests and Challenges