Stash Challenge 2011

Discuss and participate in sewing/quilting related contests and challenges.

Moderator: Pudge99

Re: Stash Challenge 2011

New postby lendube on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:14 pm

Barb, I think you and Laura are doing an equal amount of sewing when you think about it. :think:
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby bridesmom on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:55 am

Jan those buntings are all the rage around here too, great job on them. Wow you women have been busy!! Great stuff being created! I'm knitting, I've done 6 toques and have one half finished in the past two weeks. They take an evening to make if I sit and knit. These last two are going to be late presents, but since the kids already have their gifts for Christmas it's just a little extra thing, I'm trying to use up the 'single' balls of yarn that are hanging around. I may get a bit of sewing done, but I'm kind of sewn out, I do have another quilt I want to start, and DH needs some new pants for DGS but just don't have the desire to sew right now.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby Mom of Six on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Matching aprons for my Niece & her 18month daughter 1 3/4 yds. only 43.25 Yds to tie Laura!
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby bridesmom on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:21 pm

Love the fabric!!!!!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom

New postby lendube on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Me too. It looks like alphabet tomato soup! :D
Lennie

lendube

New postby temom on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:26 pm

lendube wrote:Me too. It looks like alphabet tomato soup! :D

That is what I thought! I really like it!

Lennie, has installation started for the sauna?

Kiddo #1 asked me today for an icepack holder to give to our hair stylist. I asked how long I had to make another one, and he told me 15 minutes! It took 20. Sorry it is 2 pictures, but he grabbed the first one and ran off to get his hair cut.
Attachments
paisley ice pack holder #1 smaller file..JPG
paisley ice pack holder #1 smaller file..JPG (29.67 KB) Viewed 1857 times
paisley ice pack holder for camillia.jpg
paisley ice pack holder for camillia.jpg (28.3 KB) Viewed 1856 times
Theresa
temom

New postby lendube on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:33 pm

Wow, Theresa! You are the Icepack Queen! Not to be confused with the Ice Queen. :D

Yes, dh has started the preparation for the installation. He had a crew come over from the fire station yesterday to move the boxes (only 4 but very heavy) from our driveway down to a rock patio. He's been sawing up the jacuzzi this morning to get it in small enough pieces to fit in a dumpster. I wish he'd apply some of this enthusiasm to finishing up the bathroom that remains un-remodeled after almost a year!
Lennie

lendube

New postby temom on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:42 pm

Yup Lennie, I think it is fair for me to claim that title! I have no idea how many I've made so far - I would have to count the remaining ice packs.
I only made one pair of sleep shorts today. I woke with a horrid headache, so I didn't even think of sewing until after 4:00, then I needed to find more fabric. I knew I had more flannel, I just couldn't find it! It was hiding in a bin on top of my cupboards. Sheesh, how did I get so much??? Anyway, these shorts are 1.5 yards, and are now wrapped and under the tree. I found out while making these that I'm out of 3/4 inch elastic! I had to sew pieces together for this pair, as I had already sewed the casing! Tomorrow I will post a pic of something else under the tree, but I didn't want a certain someone to see the pic!
Attachments
PJ sleep shorts for Papa Bear Dec 24 2011.jpg
PJ sleep shorts for Papa Bear Dec 24 2011.jpg (20.33 KB) Viewed 1834 times
Theresa
temom

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:50 am

Nikki's Sweater is finished and presented. Modeled here by recipient. 2 yards. now if the pic will just attach.Folks I have spent 1/2 hour trying this. It just not will not work for me. I had Nikki shrink the pics and email to me. I have saved them to my pictures and now they will not upload. I am giving up. I also have a shot of the neckwarmers and the stockings, but no luck at all in trying to share with you. I am now officially leaving the contest. BUT, only the contest. I would not have won anyway, but I did want to get credit for the 20 plus yards of stash that is no longer in my home. Oh well, nobody's perfect as the old saying goes..
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby lendube on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:48 am

LeapFrog Libby wrote: but I did want to get credit for the 20 plus yards of stash that is no longer in my home.

That is the point, right Libby?

Let me tell you how I download pics just for future reference. Don't bother with it now. I know how you feel right now. Been there many times with computer issues. You are, if I'm not mistaken, just shy of tossing the damned computer through the window, right?

I opened a http://www.photobucket.com account. After uploading the pictures from my camera to my computer, (sounds like you know how to do this), I drag and drop the photo to my desktop. I go to photobucket and hit the upload button. I choose "Desktop" from "Browse" click on the picture, open to upload it to Photobucket. When done it gives the option of returning to "your album" which I do; move my curser to the picture and you'll see the options below it. I choose the bottom one that says, "Image code", right click "copy" and then paste to my post. Voila! The picture appears when you hit "preview" or "submit". It's real easy.
Lennie

lendube

PreviousNext

Return to Sewing/Quilting Contests and Challenges