Sewing With a Plan Challenge

Discuss and participate in sewing/quilting related contests and challenges.

Moderator: Pudge99

Re: Sewing With a Plan Challenge

New postby jwright on Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:54 am

How is everyone doing on this challenge?

I've been out of sorts because of this wedding planning thing. I am about to get back to sewing soon though!
jwright

New postby kaitlinnegan on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:43 pm

No progress here, but lots more ideas. Too many idea, in fact. Maybe I'll call on you guys to help me narrow it down when I have a little time later. I basically have so many patterns that I like for tops that I could never make them all!
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby Kerkyra on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:28 am

You could always save some for stage 2 of wardrobe sewing :shock:

I've made the Esther jacket/cardigan thing. So that's one down, 10 more to go.
Kerkyra

New postby kaitlinnegan on Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:14 pm

Well, my plan is ever evolving, but I still don't have any items finished. I've picked up a few more patterns that I really like, so I'm going to have to prioritize. I've been pretty busy at school, so the jeans were put on hold. I've got the rest of the afternoon and evening off today (plus DH is making dinner), so I hope to do some work on them and perhaps finish them tonight! :D I admit I've been slacking on my 10 minutes a day. :? How is everyone else doing?
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby pucktricks on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:10 pm

So, gotten distracted with all of the Halloween/Ren Fest sewing, but it's getting closer to where I can sew my stuff........ Maybe, I hope, we'll see, I also have Christmas sewing to get done.

Ticia
pucktricks

New postby kaitlinnegan on Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:40 pm

Well, in addition to recently finishing my jeans, I am almost finished with my first top for my SWAP wardrobe, Vogue 7799 - the long sleeve funnel neck version in off white. All that's left is the hems - of course I have thread in white, cream and natural but none of those are just right. :roll: It was super easy to make with my serger -- I'd like to make another, but maybe I'll make the crossover style from that pattern instead.

What do you guys think of this jacket: McCall 5529? I might make up view C (without all the ruffles in the peplum) in some navy suiting for phase 2 of my plan, with a skirt to match. Hah, I'm already planning phase 2 even though I just started phase 1... :D
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby Glennssister on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:18 pm

You should look great in the jacket! Keep planning. Your movin' right along. I havn't even gotten started but now that the wedding gift is done I swhould begin to work on my stuff between working on the things I promissed the grandchildren
Glennssister

New postby kaitlinnegan on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:30 pm

Well, finished my first top for my SWAP wardrobe. You can find more info here: Funnel neck knit top

Now..what next? :) Actually, I think I'm going to make a fleece jacket for DH. Then I might try another knit top - this time perhaps a mock turtleneck, and a pair of dressier pants. I have been on a pattern buying binge lately, and some of them are a bit trendy so I don't want them to sit around so long that they go out of style! So...I better get a move on. :D

Belinda - hope everything goes well with the wedding gift! How is everyone else coming? Sewing, or planning. ;) Jackie, Ticia, Kerkyra? I imagine Jen is busy with wedding stuff, or perhaps on her honeymoon? I don't recall the date. But, when you get back, will we get to see some pictures of those pants you made? :|
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby Kerkyra on Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:05 am

Hiya, I've been away, so I haven't made any progress (yet). At least I have an idea of what I'm going to do now, so I'll keep you posted :)
Kerkyra

New postby Kerkyra on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:03 am

Erm, has anyone got anywhere? I have to admit, I haven't :( I'm going to try and get myself organized and do something before christmas!!
Kerkyra

PreviousNext

Return to Sewing/Quilting Contests and Challenges